Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Up the nose scare.

Last night I was putting the kids to bed when "IT" happened. The girls were already in bed and prayed with, I was working on getting Josiah ready for bed (Jacob was at an ABM meeting). All of sudden I hear Alana SCREAMING. Next thing I know she is in the boy's room PANICKED like and crying and trying to tell me something. I told her I couldn't understand what she was saying, so then she started YELLING and crying at me. Still no idea what she said. I finally told her she needed to calm down and quit crying so I could understand what she was saying. She did enough to make out she had something up her nose, did she say "nail"????? *shivers* Calmly I told her to go wait in the bathroom for me while I put Josiah in his crib. Jacob came home right then (perfect timing) and I asked him to hold Alana's head still while I pulled the thing out with tweezers. What was it? It was a 3/4 in. SCREW. Ewwwww.... *shivers again* I thought boys were the ones to do dumb things like that??? Whatever possessed a 3 yrs old girl to poke a SCREW, pointy side up, in her nose??? *shaking head* She is ok though. I don't she will be doing THAT again. (I hope!)

8 comments:

Jamey said...

Yikes!! That is pretty scary. I'm glad you were able to get it out so easily.

Unknown said...

goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

most i ever did was swallow a quarter when i was four.

SCARY!!!!!!

glad she is okay.

auntie meg will be there soon :)

Momma Tammi said...

Wow and OUCH! Glad she is okay.

~Amy said...

Oh, Rebekah. That would've scared me half silly. I'm so glad everything's o.k. Praise the Lord for that. I'm so glad Jacob got home when he did too. I'm not sure I could've handled something like that if Anthony weren't there.

Rebekah Doran said...

When I understood WHAT was in there, it scared me a little because there was a sharp point involved. But Praise the Lord, it didn't poke anything up there. I did have the "willies" for a while afterward just knowing what could have happened. I'm glad Jacob came home when he did too.

J Nowling said...

Wow! Yeah scarey. God knew you need Jacob at that moment.
Joleesa put one of those plastic color forms up her nose. When it gets wet it sticks and it was up get the wall of her nostrils. It was at a mission church 4 hours from home so we were having a hard time finding something to take it out with...fortunately I had a pair of tweezers in our bathroom bag. I could have never held her down without Brother Nowling, let alone have to be as careful as you had to. God should takes care of our kids.

Kasey said...

I remember when I stuck something up my nose. Strangley fascinating for a child. :) thank the Lord you got it out though.

Vicki Smith said...

When I was raising my kids I remember many times wondering how ANY child EVER survives and grows up to adulthood! HA!