Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Our Plans

Just thought that I would let everyone know what we are going to be doing this weekend. Friday we are going to be getting up and driving to WA for our minister's convention. So I'm an trying to get everything ready for the trip. I hemmed Jacob's pants and fixed a couple of my skirts tonight. Tomorrow I have an appointment to get my eyes check and hopefully a new pair of glasses and maybe contacts too. I love contacts but haven't been able to have/wear them shortly after getting married. So I'm going to give them another try and see if I am able to wear them again. Maybe with some contacts I can get some glasses that I actually like. Last time I got new glasses I couldn't see what they looked like on me (I'm pretty blind without glasses or contacts) and to go with what the nice lady at the eye clinic suggested. Jacob has to go into town for a paper thing in the morning, so we are all going to go with him to save on gas etc. I hate having to go places in the morning. :P

Today I gave Jesse and Stephen another piano lesson. I enjoy teaching them and my kids enjoy playing with the one not getting the lesson. Joey was here too and so they all had fun. After they left I gave all my "men" a haircut so they would be looking sharp for the convention. :)

Yesterday I watched Mel's twins while she and Dave went into town. It was great incentive for Elijah to get ALL his school done in the morning. :) While the twins were here, Dan decided to teach Elijah karate. When I asked him where he learned karate, he told me that he had watched a movie on it. lol It was a rainy day yesterday, so the kids stayed inside. At one point they all took to running around my couch for a full 15 or more mins. I thought it was a good way for them to use up some of that energy and have fun while doing so.

Jacob has a new boss now. A real nice young man, in his early 20's. Jacob really likes him and so do I. He actually communicates with Jacob about the paper which is REALLY nice. They also decided to put Jacob on full time now. (He was only working 30 hrs a wk for them.) Now he is working 40 and helping out with the other paper they put out "The Eagle". They also gave Jacob a pay raise. Praise the Lord that He is working all this out!

Ok, it is past my bedtime and I have got to get up and get everyone going in the morning so I better go. Goodnight!

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Bekah, yesterday Sister Gayle told me that your transcript and Becki's had not been returned yet. I told her you both had finished and sent them in. I finally got a hold of Becki last night and found out the e-mail address she used, and gave to you,is incorrect. They need to be sent to the Church e-mail address at gotcog@bellsouth.net. Could you please re-send the transcript to that address? Thanks.
I need new glasses, too. It's been 4+ years. I just keep putting it off. Maybe I'll go ahead and make an appointment somewhere.

cokelady said...

Little does she know that her very able and competent daugher has already remedied that little situation. I'm not competent enough to get it right the first time, but I'm fully competent enough to remedy it! Ha!

I share in your agony of having to pick out frames while you are sight-impared and unable to truly SEE what you look like. I hope the contacts work out for you. I've thought about going that direction many times. Just not sure I could make myself slap something onto my eyeball, then dig it out later on! ~shivers~

Hope you have a great Convention this weekend!!! And tell Jay congratulations on the pay increase--that's great!