Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Updates

Thank you everyone who prayed for Tabitha. She wasn't herself yesterday, but the fever never did come back in the evening like it had previously, so Jacob and I finally got a good nights rest. :) She is more herself today.

Grandpa ended up not getting the surgery. They were worried about his heart. So today they are testing his heart to make sure it could handle the surgery. I guess his ankle can't even start to heal until he gets the screws put in. All the tendons and ligaments are so messed up that they can't hold the ankle bones even close to inplace. The surgery will get the bones lined up right so that the ankle can start to heal. Poor Grandpa, he is in SOOO much pain. None of the pain medicines are working for him. All the ones he has tried either bother his heart or his eyes or something and so he can't use them. Please really pray for him. Thank you all so much. I know he appritiates it.

4 comments:

Erika J. said...

poor grandpa. :( i'm praying.

happy anniversary, too!

Rebekah Doran said...

Thank you! For both. :)

Rachel said...

I'm glad Tabitha is doing better! It's SO hard when little ones are sick. On you and them.

Praying for your Grandpa, how frustrating!

Rebekah Doran said...

Me too. I was getting really tired. It was extra hard this time, because she wasn't wanting to even nurse. She went for 15 hrs without drinking anything. I'm glad she is back to nursing again!