Wednesday, July 23, 2008

And They're Off!

I just got home from dropping Nathan and Jacob Grant off at the airport. Their flight was delayed an hour so they got to get in on the last half of church tonight. We've had a great time with them. Tanner (Debbie's oldest son), came over to see the boys and then ended up spending the night and most of today with them and us. I forgot how fun and full of craziness that teen boys are. :P There was alot of laughing and pranks (the small ones). We played Settlers of Catan last night and Hit the Deck this afternoon. We laughed almost continually. Those boys are nuts! Especially when you get them all together. They were good help though. They helped me get weed my garden and fold my HUGE amount of laundry. They also swept my floors last night and made most of the Taco salad for supper. What great guys!

Now that they are gone and my laundry is caught up I should be able to take a look at camp pictures in the next day or two and put some up for everyone to enjoy. Until then, here is a picture Jacob took on our way home from the convention when we stopped at the wagon park in Spokane.


Oh, I will tell one thing camp related. Elijah told me that camp had better food then we have at home. So I asked him what exactly made it better. He said that they had cin. rolls with "that frosting" (leftover from the cupcakes), can peaches and desert at every meal. Oh, and they "give us candy" (snack shack). lol I was relieved that the "food" wasn't really what was better, it was all the sugar that was "better" in my 6 yr old son's mind. But that's one of the things that makes camp so great, getting "food" that you don't normally get on a regular basis. For me as a Mom, it's getting food that I didn't have to cook or clean up. :-D

3 comments:

~Amy said...

Great picture!!!! Your kids are adorable.

That's so funny ... "the reason camp food's better". Kids just come up with hilarious things to say. ha ha

After-camp laundry at MY house was bad. I can't even imagine what all you had to do. Ugh. I'm glad you had the boys to help. You definitely deserve it!!! :D

Can't wait to see the camp pics. :-)

Jessa Stephens said...

I ment to go find Nathen last night at the airport, but I got busy right around when his plane was going to land. I was bummed.

Btw, CUTE picture!!!

Rebekah Doran said...

Amy - Thanks! lol Yeah, the reasoning of 6 yr old boys just about always makes me smile and shake my head. Help with the laundry was SO NICE. I ended up only folding one basket of everyone's underwear, they folded everything else. :D

Jessa - That's a bummer, maybe you'll be able to see him when he leaves. yeah, I was happy that we actually got a decent picture of all the kids together, that is not easy to do!