



And over fishes. I really liked this set up, made me think of Bethel and all the fishing etc we did while growing up.




This is where we sat last. Thankfully we were able to sit under some trees in the shade. (It was a hot one today!) They had the horses jumping over these huge wooden ducks.


If you click on the picture, you will be able to see (if you look REAL close) Josiah by the horses knee in the red shirt, with Alana sitting beside him and then behind them is me holding Moriah.

It was a fun (but hot!) day. I came home and almost couldn't walk straight. Maybe I didn't drink enough water while being out there. Whew! I sure felt worn out, the kids didn't seem the lest bit bothered by being out in the sun most of the day. They ran outside and played in the sprinkler until bedtime.








7 comments:
That is so cool!!! much more creative then the boring fences they have most the time.
P.S. hydrate or DIE!!
Neat pictures! What a neat event to get to watch. And the background scenery is to die for! It's SOOOO beautiful out there! --It just seems a little wrong, though, to see horses with English riding saddles. Where's the western cowboys with old fashioned western saddles complete with the necessary saddle horn? English saddles ought to be against the law in Montana. ;-)
Wow!!!! What a cool post. Neat outing for the kids. :) And the background scenery IS beautiful.
Just how hot did it get? We've had great weather here--low 80s, nice breeze, low humidity. Ahhhh, living up north does have its perks. :D
I agree with Sister Smith. I like English Saddle, but in Montana???? What's up with that? :D
I guess this was one of the top international competitions in the USA. These pictures are of the English style cross country. But there were 3 other elements that they were judged on: Dressage, Show Jumping, and the CCI long format. The Event at Rebecca Farm is one of three FEI World Cup Qualifying Events in North America. It is considered an official world-class equestrian triathlon, but it combines the disciplines of Dressage, Cross Country, Roads and Tracks, Steeplechase and Show Jumping. Long answer, but hopefully that answers your question.
Just in case you are wondering, I started to answer your question and then Jacob took over and finished. Can you guess where? :P
Ha! I knew--without a doubt in my mind--that Jay was answering that question! Too funny. (I'm still lost... Ha!)
VERY, VERY COOL POST. You guys got some really great pictures. The scenery is gorgeous, the jumps are creative... but nobody seemed to notice the beautiful HORSES! Neat-o!!!
Basic answer - The competition was English style, thus the English saddles.
Post a Comment