Saturday, July 05, 2008

Convention News

Ok, I am going to post about our convention. :) I need to be folding my 6 or 7 loads of clothes, but I'm in the mood to post so, I'm posting. :0) I find if I'm in the mood to work on something, that is the best time to do it, or it might not get done. So here we go.

I didn't get alot of pictures of the preachers preaching, but I did get a couple. Here is Sis. Bell giving her ABM boost. She did a good job.


Of course I got some of Jacob. How could I not? He looks so good. ;) He was giving the BTI boost. He talked about the schools that Elijah started to teach and train the young men. Schools of "higher learning". Not only do we need to know what we believe and why we believe, but we also need to KNOW the God of The Church of God, to have the Spirit along with the knowledge.



Here Jacob was talking about the prayer mantel that passed from Elijah to Elisha when Elijah was taken by God. Elisha got the PRAYER mantel and the double portion of God to do the work.


I don't have pictures of anyone else preaching, but here are some pictures of the kids up front.





I don't remember what all was said because of tending to kids etc, but I do remember some of what Bro. Adams preached. He talked about our vision. When people's vision starts to fade the first thing that happens is a letting down of the doctrine, then church attendance starts to wain. We need to keep our vision (not of just the church but of everything the Bible teaches) strong. He did an acronym of the word VISION. The only one I remember is the word for "n". Nike. When we have a strong vision we will have the "nike" attitude. "Just do it." When God asks us to do some, we will "just do it." Wheither or not we understand it or like it or even want to, we will "just do it."

Some exciting news, we took in a new member during the convention! Here is Bro. Adams taking in Everyell Davison.



We received more exciting news Sunday afternoon after church that morning. Bro. Ron Barker got a phone call from his dad saying that he was wanting to re-join The Church when Bro. Barker got home! (He and his wife attended our convention.) Made me think of the Texas convention or was it camp? Where they started praying for former members to come back to the fold. Praise the Lord! He is answering! Can you feel the Spirit? I can. :)

The rest of the pictures are just misc ones.

Josiah and he little friend. They just played and played together so nice.


Our last meal together with church members before heading home.


Devin and Lyndi's girls.



Here is a couple from our hotel room. Tabitha is enjoying sitting in Dad's lap during our supper break.

Daddy and Tabitha.


Hope you all enjoy reading the little bit about our convention. Oh, Saturday night, we stayed up talking with Devin and Lyndi until 2 am. We spent the last two of those hours talking by our vans right outside the restaurant. I really enjoyed getting to visit with them. It was our first "long" visit since moving out here. Our visit was brought to an end when Jacob, who was holding a sleeping Moriah felt this warm sensation running down his arm. lol We decided it was time to got back to the room, change clothes and go to bed.

All in all, it was a good convention. I'm glad that we were able to go along with my Uncle and Aunt and Debbie and her kids (Josh had to work.)

6 comments:

Tammy K. said...

Very cool photos. Loved them all. Faith has glasses? I cannot believe how much those kids have grown.
They all look like little people now and not just babies. Elijah is so tall.
Sam knew the guy that joined, he was very excited.

Momma Tammi said...

I really like the picture of Jacob and Moriah that is in black & white. You need to frame that one.

Tam--Brother Everyell's membership is in Kennewick. Brother Ray has been talking to him about making the move for the last year...he finally did it! We were/are very excited about it.

Vicki Smith said...

PRAISE THE LORD for your wonderful report of your Convention! I was so blessed to read about it and see some pictures. You guys had as many kids in your Children's Program as the state of Virginia had. And it's nice to see pictures of Lyndi's kids. I haven't heard from them since Grace's wedding. :-(
PRAISE GOD for more new members in TCOG!

Rebekah Doran said...

Tammy - Yes, Faith has glasses now. She just got them last month. She seems to really like them. :)

Sis. Adams - Yeah, I was really happy with how it turned out. I will definitely be printing that one off!

Sis. Smith - I thought their would be a few people who would like to see Lyndi's kids. :)

~Amy said...

Sounds like your convention was wonderful!!! Praise the Lord for that. New members, too!!! How exciting!!! Great pictures.

We just got back from our convention yesterday. Whew, we're pooped! Went from camp straight into convention. But we had such awesome services. I'm so thankful for all the Lord's doing in the Church. Seems like we're getting back into the spiritual state we need to be in. Praise the Lord!

Rebekah Doran said...

Wow! Straight from camp into convention, I bet you were TIRED! I'ld be falling asleep for sure during the convention. lol Glad to hear that you had awesome services anyway! I think God IS working to get us back to where we need to be. It is exciting. :D