Friday, July 11, 2008

Elijah the Photographer

Something a bit exciting happened around here a couple weeks ago. One of the papers that Jacob write for started having Jacob write about things one can do in the Flathead for fun. Jacob gets to go and do whatever it is, take pictures and then write about it. Last month Jacob took Elijah, Ernie and Nathan to the Mt. Brown Lookout. Jacob took alot of pictures and then he let Elijah take a couple of Jacob looking out on the mountain. Guess which picture his boss chose to run in the paper? Yep, Elijah's! He said that it was the best picture out of the bunch. :D Itn't that cool or what!? So here is the picture. It even had Elijah's name as the photographer.

Elijah Doran/for the Eagle



Ok, back to work for me. We are going to leave for camp on Tuesday so I'm trying to get everything done before we leave. Yesterday I got to sew all day. That was very fun. Made short pants (that go just below the knee) for the girls to wear under their dress/skirts. Took in the waist of a few skirts for Moriah (they were size 6 or so. Way too short for a 6 yr old but the right lengh for a 2 yr old!) I also added a trim to a couple of Moriah's dresses to make them a little longer. It was a great day yesterday. The kids played in the sand that Jacob bought for them Wed. to go in the sandbox. They love it and played good ALL DAY. :) I even tried a new recipe - Chicken and Black Bean Salad. (It's been too hot to eat hot food.) Very good. Jacob rated it an 8! :D

Today I'm washing clothes and working on the checkbook. Alright, I need to go and water the other part of my garden now. Until next time.


7 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Way to go Elijah! That is a great picture!!!

Where are you staying Tuesday night? We will leave EARLY Wednesday morning. See ya soon.

cokelady said...

Wow, sounds like you've been plenty busy! I'm sure the girls appreciate all the "new" clothes.

GREAT picture by Elijah! So cool that he outdid his Dad. Be sure to let Jay know that it may be the first time, but it certainly won't be the last! It's bound to happen more as they get older, you know?!

Have a GREAT Camp! We'll be anxious to hear all about it.

Rebekah Doran said...

Sis. Tammi - I think that we are going to stay in Moscow. It is a 9 hr drive for us with kids. We would have to leave WAY EARLY Tuesday morning if we were to make the 1 pm check in. This way we get one more good night's rest before camp. :)

Becki - It's seems to have been crazy around here for the past month and a half. But a good crazy. :) This will be the last trip for a month or more. Jacob is really proud of Elijah, he's had to show EVERYONE what his son did. :D And your right, I'm sure it won't be the last time Elijah outdoes his dad. ;-)

Tammy K. said...

Good job Elijah. That is pretty cool that his name got published. very neat. He took a good picture. Like father like son

Anonymous said...

Hummm..... early signs of his future career??? And I thought that I had got to him early enough as a baby to make him into a Marine. *shakes head*

Jessa Stephens said...

Go ELIJAH!!!! Cool pic!

~Amy said...

Amazing picture!!! Beautiful. And that's so cool that his name was in the paper.

Have fun at camp. Let us know how it goes.