Saturday, April 04, 2009

Alana's Nightmare


I'll get into her nightmare in a min. Before I do though, I will mention what else went on that week.

Our second week of March brought tax time. We had a refund that was able to pay off the rest of our Pontiac Grand Prix! (I SOOO love that car!!!) and then we had enough left to pay for the kids school next year. That was the end of the refund. Praise the Lord for providing just what we needed though. He is so very faithful.

Remember how Tabitha was still coughing at night? Well, she was STILL coughing this week along with another fever. Jacob and I decided she needed to get checked out. Turns out it was nothing serious, just a sinus infection which is why she would only cough when she would lay down. She cleared up quickly and slept SO GOOD at night again. It was SO NICE after having over a month of interrupted nights. I think her body did some catching up on her sleep that first week, she slept so long. Made me worried at times and I would go and check on her to make sure she was still breathing. But now she is totally better and all is good.

This second weekend of March, my Uncle Wayne was up visiting my Grandparents, with his three kids. So that weekend all the teen boys (I don't remember how old Marshal is but he is the reason this went on.) raided the Davis home and spent the night together. I think Nathan is really enjoying all this cousin guy time. :)

Ok, I think that brings me back to Alana's nightmare. Poor girl. Alana is old enough now that she doesn't sleep in bed with us anymore and hasn't for a while now. We don't hear anything from her until morning. But this one night she came just crying to our room. Jacob (he sleeps on that side of the bed) asked her what was wrong. In between sobs she told us that she had had a nightmare. Jacob prayed with her right then and she calmed down. When Jacob got back from tucking her back into bed, I asked if he knew what her nightmare was about. Poor girl, she had dreamed that a T-REX was eating her. *shiver* No wonder she was upset. That rates up along side Jacob's weird dreams (getting cooked in a waffle iron etc). I'm not one to dream much and only have had a handful of nightmares in my life, Jacob on the other hand, boy howdy! He could write a book on all his dreams. Hopefully my kids will take after me and not him in that area. ;-)

3 comments:

cokelady said...

I HATE it when my kids have bad dreams. I'm thankful it happens very, very rarely. Eaten by a t-rex is a rough way to go. Still... I think it might be better than being cooked alive in a giant waffle iron! (Jay is so weird! Ha!)

Tammy K. said...

What a terrible dream.
I am glad Moriah is feeling better.

Rebekah Doran said...

Becki - Jacob can really have some weird dreams! I'm with you though and would rather have a dream about a TRex eating me than being cooked in a giant waffle iron.

I am VERY thankful that the bad dreams in out house can be counted on one hand.