Jacob was put in charge of the Men's Retreat for our region. He felt God nudging him to call Bro. Smith and ask him if he would be able to come out and be the guest speaker. Bro. Smith just happen to have that weekend open. Jacob and everyone else was pretty excited about Bro. Smith being able to come out to their retreat. They also had a couple of out of state visitors from AK. Bro. Grant and his son, Jacob Grant. Jacob and Nathan have been great friends for all their lives and so it was only natural that Jacob fly out here and drive with all the other teen boys to retreat. LOL THOSE BOYS ARE CRAZY!!! Sounds like the guys all had a great time traveling together. They all (all the guys from our church minus Uncle David, he rode with Aunt Cathy and the food, as she was going to cook for them over the weekend.) hopped into Josh's suburban, split the cost of gas, and they were off!
Sounds like the Lord really met with them and blessed them. With them being guys what I heard was "It was really good. Really good." I know the Lord really worked at that retreat. I am sooo thankful that all our guys were able to go. They needed some good guy only with the Lord and each other time.
While they were gone, Melissa and I switched kids. Melissa took Alana and Moriah for a night and I took her twin boys. From what I heard the girls had a good time and Moriah (she's three) did great! The boys and I had a great time too. They played for a bit then we broke out the games. They played Uno, Junior Blurt, and then I taught them a new game, Aggravation!!! They had so much fun and loved the new game. After the game they picked out a movie to watch and then slept out in the living room. It was a good time for all. But in the morning Tabitha woke up with a fever and then threw up. Melissa and I decided it was time to switch kids back. Thankfully none of Melissa's kids got what Tabitha had. Moriah and Josiah ended up with it but it wasn't a long lasting virus, less then 24 hrs and they were as good as new.
Here are pictures of the boys sleep over.
They wanted to do a silly picture.

Then a good picture.

Josiah got his picture taken too!



2 comments:
Ha! Great pictures!!!
The worst part about Men's Retreat is never really knowing what went on there. "It was great." But you'll never know what happened! :-)
Great pictures.
I am so glad all the guys went to retreat.
What a fun idea to switch the kids.
Post a Comment