Saturday, April 04, 2009

Ladies Retreat

This year with Ladies retreat being only 2 wks after Men's retreat and with all the excess money floating around our church, I really didn't think that I was going to be able to go. But at the last minute and I mean, at the last minute, the Lord opened the doors and I found myself driving down the road heading to Washington with Sis. Lauren Kauffman. (She is 17 yrs old) It was real nice to get to go on a road trip with her. We talked the entire time making the 9hrs of driving there and the 9 hrs of driving back, seem like only 4. We got at the camp with plenty of time to unpack and get situated. I did have to bring Tabitha with us, but she did real well traveling and as the youngest "lady". It was a blessing to be at the Retreat. Since I did have Tabitha, I didn't get to hear everything, but what I did hear was things I needed to hear.

It was also nice to get to know one of our young mothers in the region from Washington. I really enjoyed getting to talk and know her alot better. That last night us three young ones (I refuse to be old even though I'm 30 and have five kids etc!) Stayed up and played Blurt. It was alot of fun with much laughing. All in all, a great weekend, something the Lord knew I needed. I'm thankful that He opened the doors for me to go, even after I had totally given up on going this year.

Sorry no pictures. In the last minute rush of packing, I forgot the camera. :( Sorry, I know how much everyone likes the pictures. I know Sis. Tammi got some though, so you all still have hope of her posting some. ;-)

2 comments:

cokelady said...

I'm sooooo glad you got to go to Retreat! Every Mom needs Ladies' Retreat, but a mother of 5... !!! I'm thankful God made a way for you to be there.

Tammy K. said...

I am so glad you and Lauren went to retreat. Praise the Lord for the doors opening up for you. I am sure it was a nice break and a lot of fun for Lauren.