Saturday, April 28, 2007

Cleaning Day

Yep, that's what I did today. Lots of laundry, cleaning kitchen and floors plus a full day of school with Elijah and baths for the kids kept me busy today. I still need to clean the bathrooms but thought maybe if I sit and rest for a while I would have a little more energy.

Yesterday Melissa came over with the kids to make pizza. Dave really likes my pizza for some reason and so Melissa wanted to see how I made it. After many interruptions from eight hungry kids, we had the pizza's done and in the oven. We made a pepperoni, a Canadian Bacon and pineapple, and Elk burger with olives and half onions. MMmmmm Good stuff. Dave was working on some mother's day gifts (he is in charge of them this year) and so he is scroll sawing gifts, which is keeping him busy. He did pop by while he was waiting for some glue to dry. So we played a couple hands of Rack-O (A short game) and then watched some trailers for upcoming movies, and said our "good nights".

Yesterday started out rather bad. Kids were naughty, both Josiah and Moriah were having "accidents" (Potty accidents) and the weather was gloomy. Poor Alana had it the worst though, she got her finger pinched in the door pretty good, then went outside and got the tip of her finger pinched by a rock or two which ended in a blood blister. Later on, she was running, tripped in a hole, fell and hit her head on a rock. *shaking head* Thankfully things got better in the afternoon when the sun came out and before company came.

Today was a much better day from the beginning. Elijah informed me that he saw a Pterodactyl flying one day at a zoo. lol I must not of been there that day because I don't remember anything like that. Elijah made me smile again tonight while in the tub. I heard Josiah coughing like he was under the water too long three different times. After the third time I thought I better investigate. I walk in the bathroom and ask what was going on. Elijah said "Oh, Josiah was drowning but I saved him." Mother- "Why was he drowning?" Elijah -"I don't know,I didn't do anything. I was just sitting here and he was just drowning all over the place." At that point I had to step back behind the curtain to regain my composure. Ended up, Josiah was trying to copy Elijah and by blowing bubbles in the water with his mouth. Only he would sick his nose and mouth in and didn't come up fast enough. Thus the coughing and "drowning". *laughing while shaking head* Kids! or should I say BOYS!

Did anyone else have a couple of toddlers that like to empty their own potty's? Josiah started it and now that I got him to stop, Moriah is trying her hand at it....only it doesn't always end up in the bathroom. One day it ended up on the couch. *sigh* Thankfully our couch is easy to wipe off and disinfect.

Then there is Alana, she can be sooo bossy. But today she did mean well. She and Josiah were playing outside. All of the sudden Josiah starts screaming (he still doesn't talk). I go to see what is going on. As I round the corner of the house, I see Alana pulling on Josiah by the neck of his shirt. Mom -"Alana, let go of your brother." Alana - "But he is going to touch the spider!" Oh the joys of an older, bossy sister. But in some cases little ones can be bossy too. The other day I heard Jacob saying to Moriah, "Your as bossy as your sister." lol And she doesn't even talk yet. Boy are we in for fun when she does.

Ok, here are some pictures Jacob took yesterday while the gang was over.

We don't have enough swings for them all to swing at the same time. Andy found Elijah's bike was just as good as a swing.

Moriah can climb up on Alana's bike by herself and get down by herself.










4 comments:

cokelady said...

Great post! Love the update on the crazy kids. It just doesn't get any better than that! Ha!

Momma Tammi said...

Whew! I'm tired just reading about your day. Great kid stories!

Anonymous said...

so green you guys are already! looks nice.
Faith

Kasey said...

Man, kids are so entertaining. They have GOT to make life fun!!! I want some.