This afternoon all our family has left back for Alaska. We had a great 12 days. Very busy but oh, so much fun. Nathan and I got our flute and clarinet out last night and played together. It was fun. I haven't played my clarinet in a LONG time. Jacob didn't even know that I HAD a clarinet. hee hee I guess we need to work on our communication skills. Nathan and I also played for different family members today. Most of them had no idea that Nathan and I played something other than the piano. Speaking of piano, GUESS WHAT!!!!! God gave me a REAL piano! Wahoo! Our neighbor was moving last week to WA and asked me if I knew anyone who would want a piano. Yes! I do! So Mom and I went to look at it to make sure it wasn't a junky one. It was a nice one and so Sunday night after church we got our four strong guys together with Dave's truck and hulled it over. It has been great having a real piano again.

We had a birthday party for Elijah and Josiah today. Josiah will turn 3 on the 18th and Elijah will turn 6 on the 28th. We decided to have a party for both of them while Grandma Peter and Uncle Nathan were still here plus as soon as this baby does decide to come, I know I won't be in any condition to give them a party then. We had a pizza party after church at the park. I think all the kids enjoyed themselves. Here are some pictures.
Somehow the settings got mess up, so the actual cake pictures turned out blue.
Josiah and Elijah

We had sparkler candles which made Elijah a little nervous about getting too close to blow them out. Here they are giving it a try.

Moriah throughly enjoying her cake.

Finger licking good!

"I think I need my hands washed now."

Stephen and Nathan, cousins that throughly enjoy being together.

Ernie, my Mom's foster kid.

Uncle and Grandma with the kids.

Ernie and Elijah- pals.

Josiah just LOVED Uncle Nathan. I think it had to do with the fact that Nathan would just sit and play with him whenever he had the chance.

I will be posting more about when Matthew was here and other stuff we did. But for tonight, this is it. Goodnight, one and all. :)
4 comments:
I'm so glad you all had a good visit! Great pictures! I love Alana's scrunched-up smile!
The pic of you playing the clarinet made me think, who needs Lamaze breathing, just break out the clarinet! (Just what you want to be doing in labor, right??? LOL!)
lol! Yeah I said "smile!" and that is what she did.
A laboring woman playing the clarinet...hee hee, that would be something else.
i was beginning to wonder about you. i thought your next post might be about having a new little one in the house. :)
i hope you're not as miserable as i am! WOOWEE!
It has cooled off here, so that has been real nice. I still have times of extreem soreness in the hip/leg joints. Getting out of bed in the morning is very hard and slow. But over all I'm doing pretty good. :)
Post a Comment