Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Pictures from Tabitha's 3rd Day

Still Bro. Jacob. Here are some pictures from earlier, today:


One of the midwives, Pamela Wright, came over to weigh Tabitha and make sure that she was doing well. Tabitha's weight had gone down to 8 lbs. 14 oz., which is not bad, especially since Rebekah is already getting her milk in (BOY can that little girl ever nurse!). Pam said that Tabitha looks great and seems to be very healthy. Praise the Lord!


Right after Pam left, Uncle Wayne came over with all of his children. Uncle Wayne was excited to see and hold little Tabitha (uh, maybe not so little, though). Tabitha seemed to like him, but Moriah wasn't nearly as accepting. Poor Moriah was almost traumatized, when Uncle Wayne tried to joke around with her about stepping on his toe. LOL.


Tabitha liked being held by Brooke, too. I think the feeling was mutual. Brooke wanted to stay and help out, after Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Wayne left; so we sent Elijah with them and Brooke stayed here. Elijah and Sam played outside at Grandma's house, all afternoon, and Brooke helped here, around the house. She also kept the little children occupied, which was greatly appreciated. Then, we watched Garfield and Brooke went back to Grandma's house, while Elijah came back home. Everyone seemed to have enjoyed themselves.


Marshall got to hold Tabitha, too, but Tabby wasn't sure that he was holding her right. She let him hold her for a little while and then decided that Uncle Wayne did a better job.


Josiah sure loves Grandpa. He and Grandpa played together, for a while, while everyone else fussed over the new baby. Josiah was quite content being in Grandpa's arms.


At last, a good picture of Rebekah and Tabitha. Rebekah was feeling a little more herself again, today. Still tired and sore, but she was up quite a bit more and moving around the house.


Check this out. LOL. This picture has not been modified in anyway. You can tell that I'm not feeling all that great, but Tabitha gave Daddy a big ol' smile. I think this is the beginning of a wonderful relationship! What do you think?

Well, that's it for today. Tune in tomorrow for another exciting day in the life of Jacob and Rebekah and their house of SEVEN! Seven is a very Biblical number, you know. Perhaps, it's also a good place to stop. *smile* ...

13 comments:

Unknown said...

THAT IS SO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, lots of exclamation points! awww

yes... i think she is going to be a big daddy's girl

bek, you look good, but tired. get some rest!

man.. i want to hold her!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

bekah, you look gorgeous! I'm thankful everything went so well. :)

Erika J. said...

aww, you look so good sis. rebekah!.... the baby is so adorable. wish i could hold her!

Anonymous said...

She's a beautiful little girl! Seven - well it's time for a new family picture this Christmas! Praying for you both to get to feeling better. You need your health to take care of your big family!

Blessings from Iowa,
your cousin - Dianne R.

Rachel said...

Awesome pictures!

Is it pronounced Tabitha Jean or Tabitha Gee-ANNE?

Nathan said...

Glad to know that you are doing better Rebekah.
I'll be praying for you Jacob, and I also can not wait till I hold the new niece.

Rebekah Doran said...

Meg - Isn't that cute! I love it!

Tammy and Erika - Oh thanks!

Rachel - It's Jean. It is my Mom's middle name and my Grandma's first name.

Nathan - Can't wait for you to see her in person. :)

Pam said...

Jacob and Rebekah congratulations again on your new baby girl. She is beautiful. Rebekah you look good. I know what it is like to have seven in your house. But you know seven is a perfect number.

wemmies said...

I LOVE that pic with her smiling!! So cute!!! You need to crop yourself out and print that one. hehehe.

AKCameraGuy said...

aw, I wanna hold her!

~Uncle Micah~

Rachel said...

Goodness! Brad had ran into Megan and Brad asked me, "What's the name again?" He then said that Megan had thought it was pronounced French-sounding, and I thought, hmm, I guess it could be...

The silly man neglected to tell me that Megan told him it wasn't French-sounding after all! Grrr!

I didn't like it French-sounding anyway, so I'm glad for Tabitha. :-) And cool that it's a family name too!

Nathan said...

I have a blog now.

Nathan Peter

Nathan said...

godsworker.blogspot.com