Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"Hoppers"

The midwife wasn't feeling good yesterday so we ended up canceling the appointment. She might come today if she is feeling better. Although now Moriah and Jacob aren't feeling the best. Moriah woke up last night and was having a hard time going back to sleep. Finally Jacob took her into the office and slept with her there. He said she was having a hard time breathing but she finally did go back to sleep. Moriah has a runny nose this morning and Jacob has lost his voice. There is that distinct garlic smell where ever Jacob goes now. :P The longer I'm up the worst I feel. Hmmm...I think that we will be having soup today.

Yesterday we were at a thrift store and found a really nice baby swing for $5.50 Yah! We'll just have to watch Moriah and make sure she doesn't try to climb in it and break it. It was a good day in town yesterday even though Tabitha does not like her carseat at all. The kids even got to play in the park a little which they really enjoyed.

Before we left for town, my brother Micah dropped a surprise on us. Instead of getting married in May 2008 they are going to be getting married in Nov. of this year!!! Sooooo, it looks like Tabitha and I will be making a trip to TN this Nov. :)

Moriah is learning to talk. It is so cute when toddlers start talking. She is doing quit well. Boy is she ever a talker! We don't understand half of what she is saying, but that doesn't stop her from saying it. :) All my kids have been catching grasshoppers. Josiah has been trying to bring them in my house everyday. (yuk) I think they enjoy showing them to me. Anyway, Moriah loves holding them in a jar or some kind of container. She will excitedly show them to me and and say "Hopper! Hopper!" It's cute. I did find out the other day, that she does not like to touch them. Moriah was at the door crying, I open the door and to see a grasshopper sitting on her shirt. She was about to panic, poor thing. Not really wanting to touch the "hopper" myself I sent her over to Josiah. He GLADLY took it off of her and all was well once again.

That story made me think of what my cousin told me Elijah did a couple weeks ago. Elijah always has to show me what he catches. I'm always excited for him, as long as the bug stays in the jar. Elijah was at church and caught a bug and proceeded to show it to one of my girl cousins. She was not too excited to have a bug so close, but thought if she acted excited Elijah would talk his bug and leave. She said "Neat." Elijah looked at her for a minute and then said "You didn't really mean that did you?" That cracked me up when she told me. There was no fooling him!

I better go for now and clean up the mess from being gone yesterday. Does anyone else have that problem? You leave the house clean and when you get home from a day in town, all of the sudden stuff is everywhere or at least on the "catch all" spot. lol

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm sorry you and some of your peoples aren't feeling well. I'll pray it gets better and not worse. :-(

Yay for the baby swing! I LOVE finding a bargain!

That is TOO CUTE about the "hoppers"! It's funny that Elijah couldn't be tricked. :-) When I was younger (like 11-12), I loved to play with toads. The boys at camp would try to scare me, only for me to take them from them and thank them! They switched to being scared I would get warts! LOL!

Rachel said...

Oh, and I'm glad I get to meet you at Micah and Megan's wedding before long!

Rebekah Doran said...

We are all doing better today. :)

I always like it when the "joke" turns on the boys. hee hee

I'm looking forward to getting to met you too! I'm getting excited about the trip down there. :D

Grace & Co said...

Tag! You're it!

Read my "Let's play a game"" post to find out what you're supposed to do.

P.S.
I did something I haven't done in forever! I called you a Peter instead of a Doran!! Sorry. :P