Friday, September 28, 2007

Pigs Round Up and Chalk

Wednesday was bring the pigs to the butcher day. A couple of the church families brought their kids to watch the pigs get loaded up and unloaded. Jacob was the only one from our family that got to go since he was already out and about doing reporter stuff. He got some good pictures though, so I'll put a few up for you all to see.

Faith standing over the gate the pigs went through to get to the right stalls at the butchers.


Josh having way too much fun prodding the pigs out of the trailer.


Lauren riding a pig.


TJ and Faith in the rafters.


The kids having fun watching the pigs.


Faith and Megan.


Faith, Megan, Hope, and Andrew.


TJ and Tanner hanging from the trailer.


After working hard, having a jerky snack in the truck.




Thursday Tabitha did not want to sleep very long at anyone given time . That kinda made it a rough day since I had a harder time getting things done with a cranky baby. But we made it through and got to go to Ladies ABM at Gram's house. While all the ladies were together, we figured out what we would do for a fund raiser for World Mission next month. We are all going to bring a dish made from the new Church of God cookbook and have a potluck. Everyone will "pay" to eat. Sounds fun huh?

Today was such a nice day, probably one the last nice days of the year, that Jacob took the kids out for a walk and let me have some therapeutic quiet/ get things done time. :) He's such a great guy! After that he decided to get the sidewalk chalk out and draw with the kids on the road. The kids have been wanting to draw with the chalk for a while, but since their little "house decorating" time, they hadn't been allowed to do so. So they were very happy today. While they were outside drawing, I was watching them through the window while feeding Tabitha. I was thinking how blessed I am to have such a great father for my children. Jacob loves to spend time and do things with them and they love him to death. The kids and I are so blessed to have him around. After feeding Tabitha, I had to go and take some pictures.

Moriah watching Daddy draw.



The kids drawing with Daddy.



Josiah with a "sword".


Here is some of the artwork.

A chalk Daddy, Elijah and Alana.



2 comments:

AKCameraGuy said...

Awesome, looks like fun! Can't wait to see you soon, Bek! Love ya'll!

~AKCameraGuy~

Jacob Doran said...

Can't wait to see you either man! Love ya too!!!