Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Very Busy Week

Whew! What a week. It seems like it has been non-stop with schooling Elijah and feeding kids and then add to that a month old baby, makes for busy and full days, but good days.

Monday we had a fund raiser for the church expense fund. My Aunt Cathy made fried bread along with chili and spaggetti. Everyone in the church showed up along with a few extra visitors. We all left with full bellies and we raised $125. We had the dinner at the park so no one house was overrunned and all the twenty something kids had a great time.

Tuesday was our town day. It was kinda a bummer day. I had three things I really wanted to get done and for one reason or another none of those three things got done. :( Jacob had a school meeting to cover for the paper that evening, so I kids and I got to play at a new playgroud. Since the school is built on a hill, I also got to teach the kids how fun it is to roll down a hill. :) I didn't have a camera or I would have taken a few pictures.

Wed the kids and I picked plums from one of the trees in our yard. We got quit a bit and still have a tree left that we are waiting on to rippen a little more before picking. We also found out that the one tree in our yard that we thought was a dud of a tree is actually an apple tree!!! The kids found 4 apples on it this week. I can't wait to see what it will do next yr. I was just thinking this yr how nice it would be to have an apple tree and whalla! there it is. Isn't that great!!! I was very excited.

Thursday we were invited to dinner with the Kauffmans. They made some really yummy ELK steaks. We had a good visit and the kids were real good too. With everything going on in their family this summer and with me on bedrest and having a baby, it had been a few months since we had gotten to visit with each other. We had a good time.

Friday we switch cell phone companies. I NOW HAVE A WORKING CELL PHONE AGAIN!!!!! YAH!!!! Moriah had decided a month and a half ago that my cell phone needed a washing in the bathroom sink, so I haven't had a working phone since then. With this new company we get the first two months free and got great deals on the new cell phones. And guess what? They are flip phones that take pictures. Wahoo! We were very happy about that. AND I also get caller ID and voice mail on my phone. Before we could only afford it on Jacob's phone, but with this new company I get it too and we still have a lower monthly payment than with the other company. What a great deal. Our numbers are still the same for those of you have our cell numbers.

Friday night our Grandparents invited us over for supper. Elijah was so excited to go to someone else house two nights in a row! *smile* My kids just LOVE going to other people houses. Then to top it off, Melissa called on Sat. and invited Alana and Elijah to come play with her kids for a few hours. When Elijah came back home, he was sooo happy. Said this week was a very good/fun week. That made me happy to hear that he enjoyed it so much.

While at grandma's Friday night, she told me that JC Penny was having a sale on curtains Saturday. Since we needed curtains for the livingroom Jacob and I went to check it out. The Lord blessed and they had the curtains we were wanting at the store, so we got them for half price!!! PTL! Getting curtains was one of the things that I was wanting to get done Tuesday, but because we didn't get it done then we were able to get them for half price Sat. God truly does "work all things together for good." I'll have to take a picture and post them when we get them hung. :)

Last night I made some plum jam, well actually, it is more like syrup. I didn't do it quit right, but it has a great flavor. I think I'm going to make pancakes tomorrow to serve with our plum syrup.

Here is some odd news. Jacob's boss, the editor, just up and quit and joined the marines this week. We were very surprised, but I was glad because he wasn't very good at communicating with Jacob about the paper and many times would end up writing for nothing. I pray this next editor is a bit more considerate of his reporters.

Oh yeah. My cousin husband Josh, got his car broken into (at his own house no less!) and they stole three pans worth of carmel cin. rolls along with the pans they also lifted a thing of Altoids. Is that crazy or what?!!? He wasn't the only one though. A couple other people in the bend got their cars broken into also. I'm glad that we never got out of the habit of locking our doors from living in the Chicago area.

Church is going quite well these last few months. We seem to have gotten a fresh wind so to speak. I know when we first moved out here Jacob and I had alot of healing that needed to be done and so did our church. But now a few yrs later we are all doing alot better and I for one am starting to feel that excitement again and I know I am not the only one. This morning we had all the men sing a special together. It was a blessing. I hope they do it again sometime. Jacob's been preaching some good provoking messages. I can't wait to see what God does with us this year.

Ok, I'm going to bring this to a close and end with some pictures.

My grandparents aren't too crazy about the camera but here is a picture Jacob took on day when they were at our house.


Grandma and Tabitha



Here they are smiling at each other.


Tabitha now weighs over 10 lbs and just this week started sleeping 8 hrs at night. What a BLESSING!!!!

9 comments:

connie said...

Did you have the fund-raiser dinner at the same park that we had the boys' birthday? That is a fun place for the children to play after they eat.
Pancakes and plum syrup...m.m.m.m!
Sounds like you must have had a pastor appreciation week with all the eating out and Saturday fun. :)
We had our first frost this morning. Had to scrape frost off of the car windows. Ernie loved scraping.
Love you all.

Anonymous said...

great post . That pic of sis.jenkins and Tabitha is so sweet. I love it. I miss the jenkins. tell them I said hello.Tell everyone there in Cfalls church Sam and Tammy said, hi and we love them all. Tammy

Unknown said...

that is such a sweet picture~ the last one. :)

thanks for all the kind words, bek, and most especially, for your friendship. you're a great big sister!

Vicki Smith said...

LOVE the picture of Sister Jenkins with Tabitha. Too sweet!

Pam said...

Tabitha is beautiful.

Rebekah Doran said...

Mom- Yep, same park. I love that place.
I bet Ernie had fun scraping, I'm sure Elijah would too. :)

Hi Tammy!!! Does this mean you got a computer now? I will tell everyone.

Meg- You're welcome. :D

Sis. Pam - Thanks!

Kasey said...

Curtain are fun, I am glad you got a desire of your heart. :) I am sure the plum whatever it is is YUMMY. *sigh* I wanted to can, just never got around to it.

Anonymous said...

I sure like reading about other moms. My computer is acting up so thats why my blog is getting neglected, but hopefully I will get it fixed.
We luff and miss you!
Faith n Isaiah

Rebekah Doran said...

Kasey - me too!

Faith - I know what you mean, I love reading what other Moms and their kids do. Makes me feel not so alone. I was wondering why you hadn't posted for a while.