Thursday, December 06, 2007

Ever Had One of Those Days?

First I want to thank everyone who said a prayer for us. I am feeling MUCH better. Praise the Lord! It's no fun being a Mommy when you are not feeling very good. But, on to my story...

Today was one of those days that so many things just weren't going right. lol Ever had one of those days?

I won't get into all the details of everything but thought you might all get a kick out of these two things. :)

I was getting Tabitha, dressed after her bath, when I looked up to see this pretty little face smiling at me.

"What in the world did she have on her???" I wondered. "It looks like shaving cream." I asked Moriah to show me where she got that stuff. She lead me right to my bedroom where I had my Vit E lotion on my dresser. The container was pretty much emptied. *shaking head while smiling* It is a good thing Jacob got the lotion at WalMart for only a dollar.

Come to find out that Moriah wasn't the only one who thought that they needed some Vit E lotion, Josiah did too! Those two are like partners in crime. lol

The whole story is that Jacob was in our bedroom when those two little munchkins followed him in. As Jacob left our room, he told them to come out of the room, but failed to make sure they did so. Opps! Jacob is such a great guy though, he cleaned them up and even picked up all of Tabitha's socks that they had thrown all over our room. :P

Here are a few more shots of those two rascals!

I had just given her a bath this morning too!



Think they had enough lotion on??? lol!!!

Anyway, we went on with our day and I had just finished feeding the kids lunch and was working on getting lunch for me and Jacob when Jacob comes into the kitchen holding Tabitha in his hands. *Notice I said HANDS as oppose to ARMS* *giggle* She had done a doozy of a job in her diaper while sitting propped up on the guest bed in Jacob's office. Yep, you guessed it! It ment yet ANOTHER bath for Tabitha AND washing all that bedding while trying to keep it stain free. *sigh* The phrase from the Bible popped into my head "sacrifice of praise". Up until that point I hadn't felt much like praising God, but I decided I would now. So I thanked the Lord for giving me my cute kids and then started laughing to myself. After that, my day went much better!

Here is Tabitha getting her second bath in less then 3 hrs. This is the first time I've stuck her in the sink like that, but she didn't seem to mind. :)


Here is our "super baby".

8 comments:

Rachel said...

What nicely moisturized faces! LOL!

LOL @ Tabitha in the sink! She's such a happy baby!

I hear you about "sacrifice of praise". I have moments that I want to pull my hair out (and I'm sure to have more of them as kiddos get older!) but they really are few and far between when compared to all the good stuff. I wouldn't trade those hair-pulling moments for anything in the world if it meant not having my kiddos and husband.

(Oh and why do husbands always bring the baby to YOU when there is a disaster? Brad says it is easier for me because I'm a "mom". LOL!)

Grace & Co said...

The pictures of the kiddos are adorable!!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to take this time to say how much I appriciate parents for the loooong suffering and patience with kids that sometimes they would rather hang upside down by the big badooguk!

Kasey said...

man...she is soooooo adorable. You kinda have to laugh when you see those beautiful innocent faces. THough I don't have kids, I do have "those days" sometimes. I need to work on being more positive!

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness! Way too cute! The one of Tabitha in the sink has got to be entered in a photo contest! She would totaly WIN!!! I love it!
:)
Nancy

Nancy said...

P.S.
Would LOVE to have a copy of the bath pic for my fridge! :)
Nancy

Pam said...

Rebecca your children are so cute.

Rebekah Doran said...

Rachel - lol Yes! Very MUCH so! I agree with you, I can't imagine life without my kids or husband, even if it means having some crazy days. :)

Oh, and the diaper thing. I guess he does have a point there. We do change alot more diapers then they do and so we are more "experienced" in that area. hee hee I'm just imagining on a resume "expert diaper changer". *giggle* Ok, it is getting late. No, really, I prefer to clean up the messes now. I'm faster and use less wipes and don't make the mess bigger. :P

Gracie - Thanks!

Matt- That comment made my day. :D

Kasey - Yes, I did have to laugh (and still am) when I saw there "innocent" faces.

Nancy - I would enter it in a contest if I knew of a contest to enter it in. That would be alot of fun to do! I think I can arrange for a picture on your frig. :)

Sis. Pam - Thanks!