I finally got caught up enough with my household chores to allow myself to finish blogging about my trip to TN. :)
After the wedding and reception, the Furlongs and I headed off for Memphis. Before actually starting our road trip, I was pleasantly surprise to find out that our route would take us right through Memphis where my friend Rachel M. lived. After a few e-mails, we had changed our plans and would be staying the night after the wedding at her place. Her roommate was gone for the weekend leaving a queen size bed for the Furlongs to sleep in!
When we all got to Rachel's house, we all talked as she got all the food together to feed us all. It smelled so GOOD as she prepared the food. After eating, Sis. Furlong decided she wanted the recipe. :)
We were all pretty tired so it wasn't long until the Furlongs headed off to bed. Rachel and I talked while she wrote out the recipe for Sis. Libby and I waited for Tabitha to fall asleep.
We all had a good nights rest, infact we all woke up later then planned! lol I guess that's what happens when we all stay up later then we should for nights in a row. :) But hey! How often do we all get together like that??? We had to make every moment count! ;-)
When we all finally got up, Rachel had pancakes and eggs ready for us with real maple syrup!
After our enjoyable breakfast, we said our goodbyes. We headed on back to OK, while Rachel headed off for church.
I am so blessed to have Rachel for a friend. One isn't around her long before coming to the conclusion that she is just a really, really nice person. It is very evident that she loves the Lord and wants to serve Him where ever He calls her. It warmed my heart to be with her just those few hours.
So there you have it, the rest of my wonderful, memory making trip to OK and TN. :)
Grateful for the life message of Charlie Kirk
3 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment