...........6 hrs later.........
I had forgotten that we had to leave an hour earlier for play practice. Opps! I remembered just in time to give everyone a piece of peanutbutter bread before getting them into the van. Practice went good. We then had a dedication service for Nathan Kauffman.

After the service we all came home and Alana and I made Cran/Raspberry Rhubarb Jam. (The C/R was the only read jello we had in the house.) Turned out pretty good I thought. Everyone had a piece of bread with the new jam and are now in bed. Wahoo!
I'll do a quick overview of this last week, starting with Sunday.
Last Sunday - Two things stand out from that day. lol You probably don't want to hear what I have to say for the first thing. *shaking head* :P I was nursing Tabitha when I heard this water sound. I soon realize that it was coming from the "boys" bathroom. Further investigation revealed those two "partners in crime" were at it again. Only this time Josiah and Moriah thought it would be fun to stick their heads in the toilet. Yeah, that's what I thought -- GROSS! Looking back I should have grabbed a camera, but instead we went staight to the shower. They soon had newly shampooed heads and were barred from the bathrooms for the rest of the day. lol
The second thing that happened wasn't all that great either, but at lest it wasn't gross. :) We had gotten newly fallen snow that later afternoon. We made it to church just fine, but on our way back home slide on one of those bad corners and ran into the guardrail. All I can say is that I'm so glad I wasn't the one driving. :P We hit right by the front lights on the passengers side. Bent that corner up a bit. I was able to open my door enough to get out though. That door worked all this week, but for some reason when I got home tonight it didn't want to open. I ended up having to crawl out Jacob's door. !!! *grin* That's going to make for an interesting trip to Havre.
Mon - I don't remember much about that day. Just school and housework.
Tuesday - We had our Sunday School pizza party for those teens who memorized James chapter 1. We made 5 pizzas, burnt one to a crisp and ate the other four. lol We then played spoons, Rumicub, IBUY, and Hit the Deck. In between the big games I taught Jesse and Lauren Four Speed. They really enjoyed that game and would play it in between hands of Hit the Deck. Our "party" lasted 6 hrs. I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. I think they were too. :D
Wed - was my VLB night. I'm glad I only have one service a month, I don't know how Jacob does TWO services a week, every week. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, I just must not be very good at it, since it takes me a LONG time to get everything together etc.
Thursday - I got a "new" stove!!! My Grandparents just moved into the bend with all the rest of us. Yeah!!!! (I love having them just minutes away.) The people who bought their old house didn't want the stove. Since the house my Grandparents bought already had a nice newer stove, they gave me their old one. I was so happy. :D I have a stove now that has FOUR working, easy to clean burners. A timer and an oven that you can preset to turn on and off at certain times. I'm so happy. What a great Christmas gift. :D
After getting supper in the oven, I took advantage of actually having the van and ran into town to get some food and the last of our Christmas shopping done. It feels good to finally have all that out of the way. *happy sigh*
Here is a picture of my "new" stove. Josiah had to get in the picture. :)
Friday - was another house cleaning day. I find that anymore, I am not able to get a whole lot done until ALL the kids are in bed.Sat - (yesterday) Jacob had to cover a play for the paper. He took Elijah, Alana and I. We left the two younger ones to Melissa's and decided to take her twins (Tim and Dan) with us. The play was "It's A Wonderful Life". They did a really, really good job. Made it into a musical. Very fun, with a live band and everything. The kids were all great, but after 3 hrs, I think they were all ready to get home. After supper, baths and into bed, I was able to finish up with the house and finally get my pictures from Aug in the photo album. I would love to do scrapbooking but right now I'm doing good to get the photo into an album. Maybe one of these days I'll get into scrapbooking.
Monday - (tomarrow) I'll be watching Melissa's twins, while she finishes up their C-mas shopping. We're going to make Almond Bark Pretzels! Mmmmm.....
Tuesday - We leave for Havre (4-5 hr drive) to visit two of our church members, Caleb and Mandie, Hopefully we will be an encouragement to them.
Here is one last picture. This is the actual song that Elijah wrote for me. As you can see, a little brother or sister got a hold of it a little.

I probably won't be able to blog but once a week for a while. *sadness* I really enjoy blogging, but I'm sure it won't be this way forever. Until next time, goodnight and God bless!


3 comments:
poor rebekah. see? this is why it freaks me out when micah starts saying that he wants 10 kids- egads! i know that i'll be doing good just to keep up with 4 or 6!
hey- i should get everything together and we should have one day dedicated completely to scrapbooking while micah and i are up there. he can watch the kids for us. :)
remember to take time to breath- you can forget to do that, you know
That is so funny...my brother Dan & I were inseperable from a very early age and stayed that way as adults. I miss him dearly. We were always up to something too. :)
I am so impressed with Elijahs song!!!! And written in cursive! Wow. You are doing an awesome job.
Wish we could be home when you come to Havre. Noelle is so sad to miss seeing the kids.
Nancy
Meg - 10 kids is alot but it would be so FUN! Just don't have them all so close. Have two, then wait 3yrs and then have two more etc. Elijah is old enough to be alot of help now, I can just see all kinds of help in a few more years from all the kids. :D Jacob wants at lest 8 kids, I told him give me 5 yrs and then we can think about it. See that way my baby will be 5 and Elijah will be 11...
That would be fun to have a scrapbooking day while you guys are here! A day with Uncle Micah, the kids should love that. :)
Sis. Nancy - Yes, it did make me laugh too. I'm glad that they do play well with each other, I know that they will be great friends growing up, add Tabitha in there and it will be perfect. :)
Tell Noelle she will be missed. Hopefully next time we will get to see her.
Post a Comment