Saturday, January 17, 2009

At The Furlongs

We arrived at the Furlongs Tuesday evening. The kids were all very happy to see each other and quickly started playing. Sis. Libby and I had to go and get blankets and such for us to sleep with that night. When we got back the guys had already fed the kids! That was thoughtful of them. What great guys. :)

The Furlongs had just moved the week before, I believe, into a very nice, spacious house. It was great! Big rooms and even a basement that we could send the kids down to to play. It was wonderful being able to muffle the noise 8 kids make when they all play. :D

The next day we went to the Liberary for story time. While there, the kids picked out some books and were given stickers that they all enjoyed. Hannah got creative and started sticking what was left of them on Jacob's face. Jacob in turn, stuck them on HER face. lol Here is a picture of them two all stickered up.




The Furlongs had just started two paper route jobs, so we weren't able to spend as much time as we would of liked playing games or just visiting. But Sis. Libby and I got to cook together and clean up the kitchen together. Her dishwasher quit working the night we got there, so it was handwashing dishes those next three days. But we were able to talk while we worked, so it was all good. It is so much more fun, to me anyway, to cook or clean WITH someone.

I did bring a salmon, that Isaiah had brought down with him on his visit, with us to Havre. Salmon is one thing a person really, really misses when they move away from Bethel. I knew they would love having salmon from AK again. :) Bro. Johnny ended up smoking it in his smoker. Ohhhh, was that ever good! Everyone, even Mandie Alexander, loved it. I told Jacob that we need to get a smoker now. ;-)

Friday night, Caleb and Mandie were able to come over and play Spouseology with us. It was SO FUN and FUNNY. It was a great night full of laughs.

Sometime while we were there, I was able to snap a picture of Jacob reading, to some of the kids, books that we had gotten at the Liberary. Jacob is really good at making the different voices for the dif. characters in the stories. The kids love it.

From L to R - Moriah, Madaline, Jacob, Tabitha, and Alana.


The night that the Caleb and Mandie came over, I took this picture of Emilee. She was so good that night.
It was alot of fun getting to visit with the Furlongs. I'm glad that they let us come and invade their house for a few days. ;-)

5 comments:

Netty said...

You are so right about the salmon.
Sis. Darlene cooked some while I was in Bethel the last time and it was so good. Some one gave Bobby some Kings when he was there and I have been very frugal with them!LOL!
Glad you had a good time with the Furlongs.
We enjoyed our time we spent with them in Bethel.

Jessa Stephens said...

Awwwwww fun!!! Loved the pictures!!!!!!! Thats a cute pciture of Bro. Jacob with all the kids. =)

Rebekah Doran said...

Sis. Annette - Glad to hear that some one gave you guys some salmon. It is definitely a treasure to have the REAL thing. ;-)

Jessa - That was my favorite picture. There is just something about a guy with kids... What a guy.

~Amy said...

I was going to comment on that picture too. How cute. I love Moriah's pose. HA!!!! too funny

Rebekah Doran said...

I missed the really good picture of all the kids looking at the book while Jacob read. Moriah was picking up a toy by the time I got the camera out and turned on.