I guess it is time for a new post, before I forget what all we have been doing.
Today I am starting to put together everything that we will need for our trip that we are hoping to take tomorrow to Havre to visit all those wonderful fun, loving people there. As long as the weather holds out, we will get to go and visit for a few days.
We have had TONS of snow here the past couple of weeks. It has been snowing EVERYDAY for like 2 WEEKS!!!! Today, Jacob and Dave Hendricks JR went ontop of our roof to shovel off at lest 2 ft of snow. The snow is fun and oh, so pretty. The kids are having sooo much fun playing in snow up to their chests. But, I think that I am actually ready for it to quit snowing for a few days. At lest it is the pretty, soft snow. Sure is pretty to look out the windows.
We have enjoyed a somewhat break from school these last 10 days. After this trip, it will be back to "normal" life.
Rewinding a little...
Christmas was a nice relaxing day. We had the Kauffmans over for supper and games. They brought a new game called Sequence. I LIKE that game. I want to get it now. :)
The evening after Christmas, we went and had supper with Dave and Melissa. We brought a game called "Spouseology" over. That was alot of fun to play and we both (you play it as a couple) won a game. It was great getting to spend time with them. We haven't had a chance to do that for a few months, so it was real nice.
The week after Christmas we did bits of schoole here and there. Jacob helped me with the bible verses the kids were learning and Elijah's reading. We also finish working on the Christmas cards which included taking pictures of the girls and then the guys and finally getting a shot that we all liked. lol For some reason or another we weren't able to print those pictures off until today. So tonight I'll stick the pictures in and hopefully get them all mailed off tomorrow. We aren't sending alot of cards out, mostly to just the ones we have recieved cards from. I'm really bad about doing Christmas cards. Maybe some day we will send some to everyone we know...who knows. :P Anyway.....
Oh, speaking of pictures, I did that one day too. I finally had a chance to go through the pictures Derek took for our fund raiser and sorted out who got what. So I'll be mailing those off soon too.
With the cherries that we picked and froze from our trees, I made Cherry coffee cakes (they had a cakelike bottom with cherry sauce in the middle and more cake like stuff on top with struesel on the very top. yummy!) and gave them out to family and neighbors for a holiday gift. I still need to make a couple more, but not sure when I will get to.....hmmm.....Christy, if you are reading this, I didn't forget you!!! :)
New Years, yes, HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!! We had the church New Years party at our house. It was originally going to be at the Davis house but they ended up with a sick kid, so it ended up at our house. Grandma took my 3 younger kids to her house that day so I could CLEAN. It was great being able to REALLY clean without having to stop many times to take care of a kid ot two. It felt great and my house was clean on time, for the party. Elijah and Alana helped alot too. It is great having some older kids!
New Year Day, Jacob and I watched Dave and Melissa's kids while they went out shopping and just spending some time with just them. All the kids get along great so that makes it easy to watch them all. I ended up playing 3 different games with the three older boys. It was fun. That evening when Dave and Mel got back we all ate frozen burritos and chicken nuggets, then sat down to WALL-E. Dave and Mel had never seen it. It was a good evening.
The last couple days were school days so we don't get behind on our trip to Havre.
It seems that everyone here is having a hit in the job area. People's hours are being cut, or they are being put on leave until farther notice. Jacob got a call saying that effective Jan. 1 that his pay was going to be cut 5% as was everyones who worked for the newpaper company. This way, they are hoping to not to have to let people go. I'm thankful that Jacob still has a 40 hr a week, job. I know that God is going to provide for us and for all our church people here.
That's about it from here. Hope that you all are having a great New Year!
Grateful for the life message of Charlie Kirk
2 months ago


3 comments:
Hi, Bekah. It's nice to hear from you again. I've missed your posts.
I TOTALLY know what you mean about cleaning without kids around! It seems like I never have EVERYTHING done around here. I either have piles that stay the same because they are added to as quickly as I take away, or one thing is done, and then I do something else, and then I turn around and I have to do the first thing again. I have been thankful for the times I've had dear folks watch my kiddos so I can have EVERYTHING done... once in a while anyway, for as long as it lasts. :-)
Sis. Smith - Thanks! I'll have to try to get more posts out more often now that the holidays and traveling is hopefully, over. :)
Rachel - It is a BIG blessing when someone takes the kids for a while so Mom can actually get something done, isn't it!?!
Post a Comment