Friday, January 30, 2009

Searching....

Last night, on the way home for church, the van quite running.

It made some pretty bad sounds before dying, and then, was just dead. Josh ended up having to tow Jacob home. We knew that we were going to be having to get another vehicle soon as we have put ALOT of miles on this van. It has been a really good van. Hasn't really given us any trouble until now. We think it has something to do with the transmission, which is pretty expensive to fix or replace. So last night and today Jacob has been looking for a "new" vehicle for us. We are most likely going to get a suburban since they seat 8-9 people. With Nathan going to be living with us off and on we need something that seats 8. The van only seated 7.

Josh took Jacob out tonight to got "car shopping". Found a deal that looks real promising. We will know for sure after Tuesday when the car lot gets the suburban in. Please help us pray that we will know what God wants for us in this area. That's alot of money to spend on something, and we defineatly want the one God has for us!

Other news, my three little ones are having a hard time fighting off the cough we got from Havre. It is going on 3 wks now. I had four nights in a row where I was up with Tabitha for a couple hrs in the middle of the night with her just coughing. Thankfully last night she didn't wake up with a coughing fit. Please pray they get over this soon! I'm ready for well kids! :)

Well, my brain is starting to leave me so I better go for now. Hope you all have a good night.

4 comments:

Montgomery's said...

Tabitha is getting so big! All your kids are just cuties! Will be praying for your to get the right vehicle and get a good deal on it as well. As for that cough the kids have, unless God steps in, it may stick around for 6 weeks. We all had it in Nov. & Dec. and we got better after about 6 weeks. Hope yours don't last nearly as long.

Rebekah Doran said...

NOOOOO!!!! Don't tell me that! 6 weeks is a long time.... *sigh* Well, I guess I'm at lest half way through it then. Thanks for the prayers.

Tammy K. said...

I will pray for the kids.

cokelady said...

Ha! How thoughtful of Amy to share that little bit of promising information with you! 6 weeks?! I'll be the good friend (ha!) and tell you that I had a BAD sickness that lasted just 36 hours this past weekend. Your kids are half way between my timeline and Amy's, so they could be done any ole' time now! ;-)

I'll pray for God to help you find the right vehicle. That's never fun!