Thursday, January 15, 2009

Getting Back Into the Groove of Things.

We had our VLB service tonight. I started having the VLB's take turns at moderating. Last month is was Sis. Lauren, and this month it was Bro. Stephen. They both did a very good job. It is such an encouragement to hear what the Lord shows them. TJ led songs tonight. When I first had them start leading songs, they would want someone to go up with them (except Lauren, she had lead a few times before.) But tonight, TJ lead them by himself. Others have been doing that too. Makes me happy. Can't wait to see what God is going to do in their lives.

Now that my service is done for the month and the unpacking from the trip is done, I need to do a full day of school with Elijah tomorrow and work on the budget.

Right now my dining room is full of boxes that were underneath the house but got brought up when water started seeping in from ALL THAT SNOW melting. We have such good people here in the church. Since we were gone to Havre when all the snow started to melt, they thought it would be a good idea to check our crawlspace to see if we were collecting water down there. Sure enough, we were. (We are at a low spot in the bend.) Thankfully it was only on one side of the house (the side that I didn't have any of my boxes stored!) They called us to let us know what was going on and then brought up the boxes that had books etc. so they wouldn't get ruined. The next day Grandpa bought and put in a pump to pump out the water down there. (Which reminds me, we need to pay him for that pump!) Nothing was ruined and everything is dry down there. (It was ground water that came in the crawlspace from the ground getting over saturated etc. My guess is this won't be the last time that we will need to use that pump this year.) Anyway, that is why I have boxes covering my dining room. Now if I can just get Jacob to help me to go through those boxes and THROW things away. Life will be grand. ;-) hmmmm, I wonder if I can lasso him into that tomorrow....

I guess with all the snow melting last week, the church started to have water come in through the door. Everyone went to church last Wed. and found alot of water. The guys all started digging a trench to drian the water away from the door of the church and all was good. Now, a week later, one would never know that we had water problems at the church.

My three younger kids have a bit of a cold now. (It was going around in Havre.) Josiah is coughing the worse but they will all live.

Tabitha has started to WANT to sit on the potty. Wow, I've never had a kid do that before. So today I dug out my little potty chair, washed it up and will start potty training soon and very soon.

That is about it from here tonight. My next post should be on our Harve trip with a few funny pictures. Until then.

3 comments:

~Amy said...

Wow. What an amazing group of people you have to do that for you. God will surely bless them for being a blessing to you.

Hope you get Jacob to go along with you. I know when Anthony and I threw all that junk away that we did, it felt just WONDERFUL!!!! Almost like a freeing feeling. :D

Glad you're getting the VLBs to help out with the church services. I've always felt that is really important. I don't think there's a better way to get them grounded than to let them feel they have a bit of ownership and RESPONSIBILITY in the Church. Awesome, Rebekah. :-)

cokelady said...

SO glad nothing was destroyed in your soggy basement. Amy's right--you've got some great folks up there to take such good care of you while you're away!

Rebekah Doran said...

Amy and Becki - We do have a Great group of people here. We are very blessed.

Amy - I wasn't able to get Jacob to go along with me and throw things away, but he did put up ALOT of his books (that we hadn't had out for 4 yrs) on his bookshelves. So that got rid of some boxes. And then he did consolidate the stuff. He did throw a handful of things away, making sure I knew when he did throw a couple papers away. lol