Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pictures of the East Glacier Hike

Jacob and Johnny went on a hike the last day of camping. Jacob was doing it for the news paper article and talked Johnny into going with him. They had a good hike inspite of the fact that Johnny is NOT use to breathing in high mountain air. Libby and I stayed behind to take care of the kids. (I will post pictures of that tomorrow.)

Here are the guys just about read to start the hike. They were checking the walkie talkie's and goofing off. :)



Johnny showing off how strong he is. lol





Johnny walking the Mt Henry Trail.



At the top of the mountain.



Jacob at the top.



Johnny climbing the rocks and making a face at Jacob.



Silhouette of Jacob on the rocks.



Some neat cliffs.



There was some REALLY neat trees up on that mountain.



Partial view of the lake with the neat trees.



Johnny admiring the trees.



Johnny with the lake in the background.



Jacob with the lake in the background. Isn't that a pretty view?!



Two Medicine Valley and Lake.



A shot of the lake with the trees.


It was a 6 mile round trip hike. If I remember right, it took them around 4 1/2 hrs. Not bad for Johnny's first hike in 10 yrs. It was well worth the view though. Don't you agree? :)

After the hike we left the park and enjoyed a meal at a VERY GOOD Mexican restaurant. After the meal, we said our goodbyes and headed home. We were very tired, but very happy after a great weekend in the beautiful East Glacier Mountains.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Don't forget to send me some when you get a chance! I know what you mean about a neglected house! I didn't do anything on Sunday! We didn't get everything picked up until Tuesday! I did laundry ALL DAY :0)
Things are finally back to normal! Maybe we'll do school tomorrow?

cokelady said...

WOW. You guys live in the most gorgeous place in the whole wide world. It's like an artist went WAY overboard and crammed way too much beauty into one scene to even be believable. I guess that's what really happened, hu?!

And Johnny. Same ole' Johnny! Ha! Some things never change. :-)

cokelady said...

Hey, Libilee! ;-) Is there any way I could coerce you into inviting me to your blog??? I would LOVE to know a little more about what goes on in your life--we are way too out of touch! My e-mail address is rebekah@thecomputersmith.net

Please, oh please, oh please??? :-)

Jessa Stephens said...

Fun, fun!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing the pics!!! They are soooo many with amazing scenery!

~Amy said...

Beauuuuuuuutiful pictures. Wow!! I want to come see those in person sooo badly. Maybe some day. Melissa and I talk about us coming to visit all the time. Hopefully it'll happen sooner than later. :D

Rebekah Doran said...

Libby - *sigh* Don't talk about school. I can't believe we have to start next week. I'm not ready for summer to be over! :(

Becki - Yep, I LOVE living here! There is much to do and beauty all around. :)

Jessa - You're welcome!

Amy - You guys SHOULD come and visit us up here. You would love it and Jacob would be more than glad to take you through Glacier etc. :)