Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Web Cam Service

Yep, we got to watch the Assembly tonight for our WMB service. Jacob and Josh figured out how to pick which session one would like to watch. Since it was our WMB service we watched the WMB program. It was neat! We got to watch it on a projector over at Josh and Debbie's house.

So, anyway, no Amy, we did not go to the Assembly this year. I doubt that we will ever go as a family, or at least not anytime soon. It is a LOOOONNNNGGGG way to drive (at lest 3 days maybe 4) and their is no way we can fly us all out there.

Recap of the last few days...

Sunday - Sewed a nursing cover for Sister Natalie Kauffman. Little Ethan's initials spell ELK. It fits great since Bro. Ted is REALLY into hunting etc. So I found some clothe with deer on it, I was hoping to find something with Elk but couldn't. From a distance one wouldn't know the difference. So deer it is. I think they will like the new cover since it is wildlife.

Monday - Gave Faith a piano lesson. Hope and Drew came over at the same time to play with my kids. All three Davis kids ended staying and playing for 3 1/2 hrs. My kids really enjoyed having them over since it has been a while since they last got to come and play. Oh, Jacob and I also got to go on a double date that night with Debbie and Josh. We had Chinese. It had been like 2 yrs since Jacob and I ate at a Chinese place. It was good and relaxing with no kids. We did have Tabitha and Arron, but they don't talk yet, so we were actually able to visit etc. :D

Tuesday - Caught up on laundry that I had gotten behind on while picking and freezing my cherries. Well, I washed it all anyway. When Jacob came home around 3:30, I grabbed my chance to leave the kids with Jacob and ran into town to do errands.

Wednesday ( Today!) - The kids and I folded all the clothes and put them away. It was a hot day today, high of 93. Anyway, Elijah helped me to cut and freeze more rhubarb. Then I got to go over to my grandma's house to pick raspberries. Grandpa helped me pick and we got 18 cups. So I froze 3 quarts and will make my first raspberry pie with the rest of the berries tomorrow. :-D Wow! Grandpa has TONS of raspberries! they got a good size patch and it is producing great. Grandpa said that he is wanting to thin the patch a little, so I just might end up with my own patch for next yr. Isn't that exciting?! I would LOVE to have my own patch or whatever it is you call them.

I guess I should put some pictures up here, since it has been a while. (sorry, still no camp pics.) Here are some of when my Mom, Nathan and Ernie were here.

This is when my Mom gave the girls their matching dresses and for the boys some "light up" shirts. Josiah was just getting over being sick, so he was inside the house sleeping and missed out on the pictures.


We decided to add a couple more inches to Alana's dress so it would last her longer. Here it is "before" the added inches.


All three girls with Daddy.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

How Josh & Jacob do the video thing? I've wondered how I could record it from the webcast.

It's neat to be in the internet congregation with you while we're not able to be there! :-)

AND raspberries sound awesome for breakfast this morning! Too bad for me I don't have any! LOL!

Rebekah Doran said...

They didn't record it. Right click on the live feed. Select "view profile". that will bring you to the main web cam page. There you can pick what session you want to watch. Jacob figured out some way to wire Josh's laptop to the projector. That is how we got to watch it last night.

Rachel said...

Yay! Thanks so much! I thought once it was gone it was gone! I know what I'll be watching during the break. :-)

Rebekah Doran said...

Your welcome!

Rachel said...

Now Brad can watch what he's missed while he's at work!

Grace & Co said...

Oh wow! I missed last night's session and I was so bummed because I thought I would have to wait till the DVD's came out.

Ha! After this afternoon session I think I'll pop in last night's session! Thanks a million!

Rebekah Doran said...

Your welcome! Glad to be of service. :)