We are having a harvest party tomorrow after church. I am looking forward to it. This will be the first one we have ever had here. Our whole church usually spends Thanksgiving together, but this year just about everyone will be spending Thanksgiving with other people. So we decided to not just have a party but a lunch and supper party to make up for us not all being together on Thanksgiving. Since the traditional Thanksgiving food is not on sale yet, we decided to go with a mexican theme for the food. Major YUM! Everyone is bring a main dish so we should have plenty there. We are also bringing a side dish or a dessert. I think we ended up with 4 side dishes and 3 desserts.
I decided to use some cherries from my trees and make TWO 9x13 Cherry Crisps. I had two different recipes to try and so I'll see which one we all like the best. :) Jacob look at them tonight after Alana and I had finished making them and said, "Those aren't going to last very long." I hope he is right. That is alot of Crisp to have to eat up if there is too much left.
We are renting the community building for the afternoon. That will work out real great it think. This way no one has to stress about getting their home ready for everyone to come and we will all pitch in and help with the clean up. I know the kids will love being in a "new" place also.
Nothing too terribly exciting happen here this week. We did enjoy Bro. Derek being here. He even played a game of memory witht the kids. He should be coming back this way tomorrow. I hope he gets here early enough to get in on the Harvest party and all the games that will be played.
Tabitha has started "blowing" when I tell her something is "hot". She is so cute. She doesn't blow on whatever is hot, she just blows. lol
We haven't really had too much problem with Tabitha climbing on the bunk bed, thankfully! She has climbed it a couple times but was quickly ratted on by a sibling and brought safely back down to the floor. So no falling yet for her . :D Funny thing though, Elijah of all the kids, fell off his OWN bunk bed tonight. *shaking head* I'm not sure just how he did it. They were all in bed for the night tonight. I was cleaning the kitchen. All of the sudden Elijah starts crying, then screaming! I guess somehow he was playing around (instead of laying still and going to sleep like everyone else!) and his leg got caught in between the wall and the bedframe. I picture him hanging upside down, trying to get his leg unstuck and screaming for all he is worth. lol (I'm not totally heartless really! I wouldn't laugh if it was something serious. Anyway...) By the time I got to the room, we was on the floor, unstuck. Their was no broken bones or lacerations. Just a red make where he got stuck and gave himself a good scare. Maybe this will teach him to lay still instead of playing at bedtime. Jacob did pray for his leg since it was hurting but both of us told him that's what happens when you don't obey, you hurt yourself! He went to sleep rather quickly after that incident. Crazy kid. Elijah truely is ALL boy.
I think I better go and cut my chicken for my fajitas tomorrow and cook up a small batch of strawberry rhubarb jam. We had biscuits this morning and used up the applebutter and grape jelly we had in the frig. So I opened the small jar of raspberry plum jam. Mmmm, it was good. BUT... when Elijah helped me clear the table, he dropped the jar and broke it. So it had to be ALL thrown away, just incase glass got into the jam. Bummer! (Boy! Elijah is on a roll today!) Anyway, so I thought I would cook up a batch of strawberry rhubarb jam since it is quick and EASY.
Good night one and all! I'm off to get my fajita meal ready to cook in the morning.
Grateful for the life message of Charlie Kirk
2 months ago


5 comments:
Looking forward to all the pictures of your wonderful fellowship. Glad to hear that Elijah is okay...at least he was hanging by his leg...Darren managed to hang himself by his neck between the safety rail and the mattress and it was Jeremy screaming for all he was worth. Boys!
The Harvest Party sounds like a blast!! It's a new twist to have mexican food.... lol What a good idea though....!!
Look forward to pictures!!!!!!! =)
How was your party?
I love "Harvest Time"!
Looking forward to the pictures. I hope you all had a great time, I am sure you did.
Hey I got your message!! I was at work when you called....Is there a good time to call?? I have tomorrow off.
Post a Comment