Too bad that we couldn't bring it home though. lol But let me back up a bit before we get into that story.
Friday night I was looking forward to getting MY first good night's rest since getting ready for our trip and being on the trip etc. I was in bed shortly after 9. But alas! It wasn't to be. *sigh* My stomach started to hurt. Really hurt! I prayed that God would help it to quit hurting. Next thing I knew, I was running to the bathroom to lose my supper and all that fun stuff that goes with it. My stomach did feel a little better, but that wasn't quite what I had in mind when I prayed. lol All that night I was making trips to the bathroom. I was worried that my kids would start getting sick and we would be traveling home with sick kids, but God had mercy on us and I was the only one that got sick. Jacob and I wondered if it was a combination of nerves and major lack of sleep etc that brought it on. Who knows.
Jacob wanted to take it a little easier on the trip home. I thought that was a good idea too. So we ended up taking 3 days to get home instead of the 2 that we took to get to Iowa.
Sat. we drove to the Omaha zoo and spent about 5 hrs there. The kids loved it and my the time we got back to the van, they were wiped out and slept for a good portion of our drive. My stomach hurt that whole day, but by evening it was letting up.
Sun. we stopped at the Badlands for less then an hr to let the kids climb. That was alot of fun. Sun. was our longer driving day but the kids did good. Even Tabitha. I think she was getting use to being in the carseat sooo much, not that she liked it though.
Mon. we were just over 6 hrs from home. Jacob ended up having to write a couple things for the paper, so we didn't leave the hotel until noon. But we made pretty good time home. Which brings me to Jacob's Buck story....
We were less then 25 min from home on a road that we have drove many, many times. I had just texted some people letting them know that we were just about home, when all of the sudden a buck ran out in front of us! Scared me have to death! Jacob swerved but hit the deer anyway on MY side of the van. I cringed, waiting to hear the sound of breaking glass, but it never came. I started breathing again but felt my body go weak from the scare. That was the first time in my life that I had been in a vehicle that ran into a deer. Surprisingly the damage was minimal. Made a good dent on my side of the van but didn't even break the headlights! It did make it so I couldn't open my door but 4 inches. lol We all were ok, for which I am very thankful for. It was a nice big buck. Jacob and I thought that it was funny that He finally got his buck, but couldn't bring it home.
This was quite the trip and I am VERY glad to be home, safe and sound.
Grateful for the life message of Charlie Kirk
2 months ago


6 comments:
Oooooh! So sorry about the van! And it's CRAZY that you can't even have the meat after all that!!!
Back when Johnny lived with us in Howard, he killed more deer with his car than he did with a gun. :-)
glad you guys are okay! it could've been much worse, i'm sure. too bad you couldn't fit him in the van too. haha.
Oh, goodness, Rebekah. I hate to hear about that, but I'm sure glad everyone's alright. Those things can do major damage, I know. My uncles have proven that a few times.
I'm also glad you're feeling better, too.
Glad you were able to take the long route home and have enjoyable experiences along the way. ;-)
Bummer about the deer. Yet, God is SO good to protect us when we need it :)
Becki - I know! Isn't it!?! That law just doesn't make any sense to me.
Sis. Smith - That's funny. I think I remember hearing about his little "run ins". lol
Erika - Me too! I'm SO glad that it only dented the van.
Amy - I'm glad I'm feeling better too. It is not fun being sick with little one's to care for.
Melissa - Yes He is! We are truely blessed!
Post a Comment