We got a phone call last night from Jacob's Mom. She told us that Jacob's Grandmother, Merline Nichols, is not eating or drinking. She is 85 and loves the Lord and His church very much. She has lived a long good life serving the Lord. If it wasn't for her love and her prayers , Jacob would most likely not be saved and in the church today. Soooo, with that being said, we are planning on driving over to Iowa in the next week. We'll know for sure what day we are leaving when his Grandmother passes from this life.
Jacob is also planning a hunting trip this weekend with Bro. Ted and his two older kids. They are driving to Havre tomorrow morning. If we end up having to leave before Jacob gets back, I will pack up the kids, throw in some clothes, and drive to Havre (4-5 hr drive) to get Jacob. It is on the way anyway to Iowa. We haven't seen Jacob's family (they all live in Iowa) for 3 yrs now. That means they have never seen Moriah or Tabitha. It is time for a visit to Iowa.
Prayers would be much appriciated during the next week. It will be two days of driving one way with 5 young kids. I'm not really worried about Elijah and Alana, but I know Tabitha will have a rough time of it. Also pray for Jacob and his family as they morn the loss of their Grandmother.
I'm going to have to move like lightening to get everything done here so we can leave. I have never got the warmer clothes out for the kids. Josiah has outgrown his pants and Alana is needing new warmer clothes. That means I will probably need to do some sewing. All the clothes she used this summer are too "used" to wear to Iowa.
I should go and make some Zucchini bread for Jacob to take with him on his hunting trip to eat. They will be staying at the Furlongs house during the nights, so I need to send food that is easy to fix etc.
Just got back from getting the oil and transmission fluid changed in the van. So the van is all ready to go....
Ok, I think that is about it for here. I didn't take anypictures of the Harvest party. Jacob did though. I don't know where they are at right at this moment. But maybe Friday night I'll be able to put up some pictures of the party for those of you who would like to see them. :) It was a fun time. I think we all wanted to rent that place again when we all want to get together for a meal and fun.
Becki, my VLB service went well last night. Thanks you so much for your input!!!
Grateful for the life message of Charlie Kirk
2 months ago


2 comments:
Hey, Bekah. I haven't had much time to visit your Blog lately--you've posted a BUNCH! You're the good one.
So sorry to hear about Sister Merlene. I'll be praying.
We'll be praying.
Post a Comment