Saturday, November 15, 2008

In the Arms of Jesus

Merline passed from this life this morning around 9 our time. Praise the Lord that she no longer suffers from Alzheimer's. She has a new body and is with her lifelong husband once again.

I don't know for sure when we will be leaving. I will know more when Jacob calls me tonight. The funeral is on Wed. so I'm hoping that we will be leaving tomorrow.

I talked to Tim a little today. He said that Jacob could prepare a 5 min thing on Merline life and works, BUT he couldn't promise that Jacob would actually get to speak. God can move the hearts of kings and he can do the same with Tim. Merline did alot of the raising of Jacob, and so it would mean alot to Jacob if he could say just 5 min of something.

I'm off to pack like a mad woman. :)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Micah and I will be in prayer, that God will work in Tim's heart, that you all, especially Jacob, will be comforted, and that you will survive the journey that lies ahead (physically, to Iowa, and emotionally).

we love ya'll.

Tammy K. said...

I will be in prayer for all the funeral stuff and a safe trip. I am sorry Bro. jacob for the loss. God bless you guys.

Momma Tammi said...

We will be praying and will have our local congregation praying as well. Be safe. We love you!

J Nowling said...

We'll be praying. These things are never easy, but PTL she's with her Lord and you all know as long you stay faithful, you'll see her again.

Pam said...

Rebekah tell Brother Jacob that we will be praying for him and his family. I didn't know that she was his grandmother, I got an e-mail from Sister Clemens saying that her sister had died, but I didn't know that you all were kin. It is such a small world.

cokelady said...

We'll be praying for safe travels and that the Lord will work everything out with the funeral. Please pass our love and sympathy along to Jay.

Grace & Co said...

We're all praying that the Lord will bring peace and comfort to every one's hearts- especially Jacob's. All things will work together for the good..

Jessa Stephens said...

I'm sorry for your loss. May God comfort the family, especially Jacob! I'll be praying that you will have safe travels.

What a comforting thought to know she is with Jesus!!!!

Netty said...

Our prayers are with you both.