Friday, November 14, 2008

Prayer Needed

Jacob was talking to Tim (Jacob's Mom's "husband") and found out that Tim has already planned Merline's whole funeral. The problem is, he is a Jehovah Witness and is giving her a JW funeral. Merline is NOT a JW! She is Church of God through and through. Tim even told Jacob that he wouldn't let Jacob say a few words at her funeral. How can someone be so mean as to do this? Jacob and I have no idea what to do about it. We have never had to deal with anything like this before. Any suggestiongs? I know prayer works wonders. Please pray that we will know what to do.

Merline is still alive but did not eat or drink anything yesterday.

Jacob left EARLY this morning heading for Havre. Infact, he should be there now.

11 comments:

Rachel said...

That's insane! So if she is her "husband", and she is church of God through and through, then I take it that he hasn't been a part of her life for quite a while? Sorry, don't mean to pry, but my point is, why should he be imposing himself on the plans if that is the case?

Rebekah Doran said...

Tim has been married to Mary for 12-15 yrs. Mary and Tim have been the ones taking care of Merline since they are the ones that live close to her. I don't know if Tim thinks because he and Mary have taken over the care of Merline that now he thinks he can set up the funeral etc. Mary, Jacob's Mom, is not a fighter etc. When Jacob calls to talk to his Mom, Tim does most of the talking. I was wondering if all the grandkids (most are Christians) got together, if they would be able to override Tim's choices??? I think Jacob is going to try and call them tonight when he gets back to the Furlongs house after hunting today.

Rachel said...

Oh! Ok, you said that Tim was Jacob's Mom's "husband". You must have meant Mary (Jacob's sister?). That makes more sense now. I really hope that it all works out the way that Jacob's mom would have wanted!

Rebekah Doran said...

Ok, let me explain this again. :)

Merline - Jacob's Grandmother

Mary - Jacob's Mom, daughter of Merline

Tim - Mary's husband

Merline is the one not eating or drinking.

Tim is the son-in-law to Merline.

Do I have you totally confused yet? lol

Rachel said...

Oh I'm so sorry. For some reason I totally missed that it was Jacob's grandmother that is going to be with Jesus. I thought it was Jacob's mom. I'm sorry! I need to pay more attention.

Tammy K. said...

I know this might be tough, but maybe Jacob can go visit his grandmother while she is alive and I have NO doubts that she will insist that Jacob say a few words at HER funeral. You know that she would want a Church of God funeral. And he could see her one more time before she dies. I know that is hard,I don't know, just a thought. we will pray

connie said...

Bek,
Have you talked with Gramma and Grandpa Jenkins?
They are her age and would have feelings and experience that may help you know what to do.
I kinda think like Tammi, why don't you or Jacob anyway go see her alive? Phooey with the funeral. Well, both would be nice, but wouldn't it be better to see her alive? You can talk and hug.

Momma Tammi said...

We'll be praying for you and Jacob to make the right decision and to have wisdom in whatever that may be.

J Nowling said...

Definitely a tough situation. I'll be praying.

cokelady said...

I'm afraid I don't have any helpful advice beyond what's been given already, but we'll be praying for ALL of you. Let us know how everything goes!

Jessa Stephens said...

I thought I had left a comment, but it must not have gone through. Anyhow, I'm praying! Thats tough...at the very least to have Jacob say few words. If it comes to saving the peace. After all, funerals are more for the ones left behind. Thats sad though.....very sad. I'm praying.....
that Tim will be out numbered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!