We had a good Thanksgiving. Went to my Grandma house. Not a whole lot of family there this year, but still a good time of visiting, laughing, looking at the sale papers and eating too much. Only got a few pictures taken of Thanksgiving.
Here is Tabitha with Uncle Isaiah. I told her to smile and this is what she did. lol

Here is Uncle Isaiah talking on the phone to Tabitha.

Yesterday Uncle Isaiah and Alana made cookies while I cooked supper. They made the oatmeal raisin cookies. yummy!


Isaiah has a couple new attachments named Josiah and Tabitha.
Here is Josiah attached and watching Uncle cut meat for our biscuit pot pie tonight. Zay is so amazing. He can do many things with kids hanging all over him. :)

Uncle and Josiah.

I was surprised that Tabitha has taken to Uncle Isaiah so well. She let him hold her the first day he got here. If Josiah is not with Isaiah, then Tabitha most likely is.

Here is a picture Jacob took tonight. Tabitha actually kept the hat on long enough for a picture!

Ok, it is off to bed for me.
Oh, I was going to say that tomorrow Isaiah plans to drive to Havre to visit the Furlongs for a day. He will come back Monday sometime. A short but sweet visit I'm sure.


4 comments:
All the pictures are great, but that last one is the BEST!!! ADORABLE!
Another hint about pie crusts that I just learned this past year: keep the lard in the fridge so it's good and cold. It's harder to measure, but worth the effort. Also, use REALLY COLD water. I put water in a cup with ice in it to get it real cold, then dip my measuring spoon in there. The cold temp makes the crust MUCH flakier. I'm amazed at the difference. Another trick I learned years ago is to use the larger amount of water listed in the recipe (I use Betty Crocker's). It's better if the dough is a little sticky rather than not. The extra flour on the counter will make it not sticky and it will be easier to form around the edges of the pan. --Let me know if any of these tips help out.
tabitha is so cute!!!!! she looks alot like moriah to me.
Thanks Sis. Smith. I had read that hint about the cold lard and cold water just since making lard, so I did that this time. The crusts was the flakiest I've ever made. I'll have to try that trick of using more water so the crust will stick to the edges better. My problem was rolling it out, it kept tearing. Maybe I need to use more flour on my rolling pin?
Erika - Thanks! we all think she is the cutest baby around here anyway!
Fun pictures. I am anxious to see all Jacob's Christmas decor this year. You will have to post them soon. The last pictures is Adorable and the cookies looked good. Good job Isiah and sweet Alana. I miss that girl...A LOT
Post a Comment