It is amazing how God works. Tim ended up letting Jacob be totally in charge of the funeral. I guess what it came down to was the church flag. When Tim saw how important it was to the family, for the church flag to be on Merline's casket for the funeral, he bowed out and handed the whole thing to Jacob. I guess the JW don't believe in "icons" or "idols" and to Tim, the flag is an "icon". So he was more than happy to give the service over to Jacob so as to have nothing to do with the "icon". Jacob was a bit rushed to say the least, trying to get a funeral together while we were traveling etc, but with the Lord's help, Jacob did a good job. The funeral was what the family wanted and all was happy.
It was great getting to see family that we hadn't seen been able to see for 3-8 yrs. We got to visit some over a meal that Tim put together for the family. He did a good job. It was great getting to talk and catch up with family.
The next couple of days we visited with Jacob's Dad's side of the family. I have to say it was really weird not going to Jacob's Dad's house to visit this time around. Kinda brought back the pain of losing him 3 yrs ago and made me (and I'm sure Jacob) miss him all over again. Elijah even asked about going there. But we did get a good visit with Jacob's other Grandma and his uncle. We also got some much needed rest. :)
Friday we visited with Tim and Mary (Jacob's Mom) again. Mary really enjoyed the kids. As I knew she would. It was a good visit back. I'm glad that we were able to go.
We do have pictures. I haven't got to look at them yet, but I will, then I will put some up.
Grateful for the life message of Charlie Kirk
2 months ago


3 comments:
Isn't it amazing what kids remember? I'm amazed when Jackson says something about my grandpa. It's getting less frequent, though. Jackson was only 1 1/2 when Pop died, but I think he remembers something about him because he seems to recognize him in pictures.
Sounds like God worked it out and Merline's funeral would've been what she would've wanted. I think that's so important for the family in these situations. Praise the Lord that Jacob was able to get it all together. I'm sure he did really well.
Never thought about the church flag being seen by others as an icon. Hmmm. that's kind of a weird thought, huh?
Yeah, I was a bit surprised to hear that too.
I'm sooooo glad everything worked out with the funeral. I'm sure it was a blessing. And who knows, maybe Tim was touched, too--realizing that nobody does anything freaky like "worship" the flag. :-)
Post a Comment