Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Faces of Mud

Our computer and the laptop that I've been using have been VERY SLOW the last few days. Thus I couldn't post anything. Today the computer is moving much faster, so I thought I would give it a try.

This week is not as hot as last week, so the kids have been playing out a little more. Elijah has mastered riding AND braking the bike now, much to Alana's relief. :) Yesterday the kids went outside with some chalk. A little later Elijah comes in all excited and wants us to go and see what he "decorated". After Jacob and I got out there to look at their work, we were not quite as excited about his "decore" as he was. He and Alana had drawn ALL AROUND the three sides of the house. lol Jacob had them spray water on it and try to rub it off, but it didn't really work. So today, right now as a matter of fact, they are out there with soapy water and scrub brushes getting it off. It is looking alot better. *chuckle* I doubt they will try that again. :)

Yesterday I went to see the midwife. Everything was fine except the position of the baby. It is transverse, which means that the head is by my right arm and the behind is by my left. I guess you can say it is laying sideways. I'm suppose to lay with my hips 18 in above my head for 10 min 3 times a day and see if it will go head down by next Tuesday. lol That's going to be a sight to see, but alas!, I don't think I will be posting any pictures of my very pregnant attempts at acrobatics! lol

So far Jacob has an easier week of writing. Only interviews, no activities to cover, so he should be able to do all that from home.

The other day Moriah came in the house with mud all around her mouth. Jacob got some pics. Thought they might bring a smile to your face.








Here is one of Josiah just being cute.

6 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Just how did Moriah get all of that mud around her mouth? Hmmm...~giggle~ The pics are too cute.

It should be interesting trying to lay like that. We'll be praying that it causes the baby to switch positions.

Rebekah Doran said...

Um, you know, I'm not sure. :) It is usually Josiah that comes in with dirt all over his face. I was wondering if she was putting a toy or a rock in her mouth???

Hear you guys had a great camp. Would of loved to have been there.

cokelady said...

Jay should have thought to take pictures of your "decorated" house before whipping out the scrub brushes--I would have loved to have seen that. Not as much as I'd love to see you laying all crazy in an attempt to move that ornery kid-o of yours. THAT is picture worthy, I tell you! Come on--please?!?!? ;-)

That first picture of Moriah is to die for! She is just too pretty, even covered in mud. :-)

Rebekah Doran said...

I guess the whole house didn't get cleaned. There was still one side left for tomorrow, so I went out and took a couple pictures of it. I will try to put them up sometime tomorrow. lol Elijah, that boy. *shaking head* I don't remember my brothers getting into as much trouble as he does..... Anyway, about that "other" picture....I'll have to think about that one....

Vic said...

Sis Rebekah,

Are there any 12-25 year old young ladies in your area that would like to participate in the Parade of Nations this year? They need to be saved, sanctified and willing to practice on thurs for thurs evening's Parade. They need to wear as close to an ankle length white dress, flat white shoes/slippers and short white gloves...I have 50 places to fill and could use any help I can get...

Thanks,

Sister Vicky Bly

Rebekah Doran said...

Sis. Bly,

I'm sorry, but I don't think that there is anyone in our region that fits and is going to the Assembly.