Friday, July 06, 2007

Prayer Request

OK, so this is not Rebekah. Actually, that's why I'm making this post.

Rebekah is officially on bed rest. She has been having a lot of contractions, much stronger than the normal Braxton Hicks contractions. We actually had the midwife over in the middle of the night, last night, and she was concerned that we might have to go to the hospital. Fortunately, I had been praying and the contractions slowed down.

The midwife had her take a ton of calcium and water, soak in a hot bath and stay off of her feet. I'm sure that she was grateful for that, after all the running that we have done over the past week. Anyway, Rebekah got to sleep around 3:30 A.M. and then I soaked in a COLD bath because my feet got badly burned on the 4th. Alana woke up while I was soaking, and I had to take care of her. I, then, finished my soak and got into bed about 4:20 A.M., only to have Moriah and Josiah wake up and want to play at a little after 6:00 A.M. Not fun.

I took care of the children today, while Rebekah stayed in bed. She slept alright during the night but started having contractions anytime that she got up to go to the bathroom, which continued throughout the day. Tonight, she started in again and we had to call the midwife again. The midwife tried to talk us into giving Rebekah some wine, which is what they normally prescribe in these circumstances (Rebekah is still about three weeks from being able to legally give birth at home), but we didn't want to go that route.

The midwife told me to pick up some Valerian Root and some other things, so I ran into town. Tanner Davis stayed with Rebekah, while I was gone. Rebekah ate three helpings of Sister Melissa's stir fry, while I was gone and was feeling better by the time I returned, with the contractions decreasing to every 10-15 minutes. She took another 2000mg of Calcium and went to sleep.

Anyway, the midwife says that if things don't normalize, Rebekah may have to go into the hospital for an injection of something, which we definitely don't want. What's more, I have no insurance through the company that I work for, so we are trying to use the hospital as little as possible.

We would like to ask everyone to pray. She's got to hold out for another three weeks, at least. Please pray that her body will normalize again and that the baby will be born right when in supposed to be, in perfect health.

The baby is still moving a lot, so that's a good sign that all is well inside.

Thank you for your prayers and God bless you.

Sincerely,

Brother Doran

7 comments:

Pam said...

We will be praying for Rebekah.

Momma Tammi said...

We're praying! Keep us posted.

Vicki Smith said...

Praying here. We serve a God of miracles. Trust in Him.

cokelady said...

We're all praying down here, too!!! Keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

I prayed after I read this.I hope she is doing a lot better today.

LIsa

Erika J. said...

eeeeeeek. sending up lots of prayers. keep us posted!

Rachel said...

I just saw this but I'm praying that the little one will stay in the oven as long as needed! And that all will be okay with Mama and baby and that Dad and the rest of the young'uns will survive the bedrest!