One of the places we visited after convention was Bannack. A true Ghost town. It is pretty famous place during the gold rush in MT. We got to walk through the town and even go inside most of the houses/buildings. Elijah just loved "snooping around" in all the old houses. :) When Alana heard that we were going to a ghost town, she wanted to know if we would see any ghosts. We tried to explain to her why it was called a ghost town, but I think she still kept her eyes open for ghosts. It wasn't that she was scared of seeing one, infact, is sounded like she WANTED to see one! lol
Elijah on the Bannack plaque rock.

Bannack's version of law and order.

One of the many old houses.

This was an old hotel that we go to walk through and explore.

As you can see, it was a bit run down.

More of the inside.

It had a really neat stairway.

Josiah having a good time.

We met a really nice couple who took a family picture of us while there.

The main road through town.

Josiah in one of the old mining carts.

I just liked this picture.

Here is where their "law and order" took place.

Jacob climbed a hill to take a picture of the town.

Making our way to the facilities. :P

An old jail house. Moriah is looking through the window.

An Old church.


Jacob behind the bar. It had some very neat carving on it.

How would you like to get your hair cut in this chair?

This is the school building and one piece of playground equipment.

The inside of the school was actually REALLY nice. Elijah and Josiah posing for us here.

The desks were really nice. I could even sit in one. :) Here is Jacob teaching his three pupils.
10 comments:
Hey looks like an awesome experience and great pics!! Take it easy, girl. Love ya.
the picture with you standing by the door brings new meaning to the ghost town....
:) Faith
The pic with you in the door way is really creepy cool. *shivers*
LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic of the church. I would frame that one.
The family pic is really nice too. I need some like that!
awesome pictures!
Wow! Got a couple of comments from some lurkers. :)
Hey Jaclyn. Good to hear from you. I'm trying.
Wemmies, I was really happy to get that family picture, since as you know, those aren't the easiest to get!
Really great pictures, Bekah. What a NEAT place! When I was growing up, every year I would ride horses with my grandparents into an old ghost town in Idaho called Silver City. It looked a lot like your pictures. I always LOVED poking through the old buildings and reading the tombstones in the cemetery. I could imagine in my mind how it must have been back then. I'm thankful for all of our modern facilities, but really, REALLY enjoy learning about the history of places like that.
That would be so cool to be able to ride HORSES into a town like that! Make it seem like you really stepped back in time. :)
Yeah, it WAS really neat. We'd leave the house early in the morning with our lunches packed in the saddle bags. We'd trailer the horses to an old abandoned corral area where we'd saddle up and ride about 10 or 12 miles in to the town. We'd tie the horses up at the hitching posts, just like in the "olden days." We'd eat our lunch, sitting under some shade trees, poke around town for a couple of hours, then ride back out. Then we'd go home and do a thorough check for ticks, since we often left the old dirt road and rode across the hills through lots of sagebrush where lots of sheep had been. Where there's sheep, there's ticks. A good hot bath would help soothe the saddle sores and all the other achy places, too. NEAT memories!
That sounds awesome!
I've never heard that about, where there's sheep, there's ticks. yuk. (ticks that is)
Wow--what a cool place!!! I would LOVE to visit there. It looks like it's still a true-blue Ghost Town instead of one that's been turned into a tourist hub. :-) Neat-o. Makes you feel like Matt Dillon is gonna step into the street and get the drop on the bad guy any minute! ;-)
Post a Comment