Here are the last set of pictures from our little trip. These were taken in Virginia City. It is suppose to be a Ghost Town, but people do live there and work etc. Not really what I would call a Ghost Town. But it still had alot of the old buildings so it was fun to walk through with neat things to do.
Here we are starting our walk through town.

This was called Boot Hill. Here is where the "road agents" were buried. I guess the "road agents" were the ones that would robe the stage coach when there was gold on it. The sherriff was in on it too and would tell them when to rob. Finally the town people made up a vigilante group and hung the road agents. Here are their graves.


I couldn't believe that they actually had a PINK bathtub. The angle of the room made it hard to take a real good picture.

They had alot of Chinese that lived there as the "lower class". Here was one of the many shops. I don't think I would want to try any of that food. It looked pretty old.


Here is Alana with the driver on the stage coach we rode. We tried to get Elijah to get up there too, but he has yet to acquire braveness. :)

Jacob trying his hand at panning.

Here we are picking out the pretty red and pink garnet pieces.


That was alot of fun. We even had some actual gold in that pan. Very tiny pieces but mixed with the garnet in the glass viles, it looks neat. Jacob is holding one in his hand.That wraps it up for our trip to the Ghost Towns. It was a great couple of days. I'm so glad we were able to go.
Hope you all have a great Monday and we'll talk to you all later.
Hope you all have a great Monday and we'll talk to you all later.

























6 comments:
The pictures are absolutely beautiful. Glad that you are feeling better. We'll be praying for a safe delivery. Enjoy your visit with family.
Please let your husband know that my camera is no longer among the living. It met it's demise during the banquet at camp. I know that he'll be sorry to hear that after the conversation we had concerning it at the convention.
Really glad that you are doing better . Thats really cool that you rode in a carriage.
Love the picks!!
Great pictures, we need to go visit this spot, how close is it to your home? Hurry up baby, come into this world. I really want to hear Bro. Jacob preach at the General Assembly and feel God will bless. We love you folks.
i've been wondering how you're feeling. glad to know you are doing well!
You have been posting some AWESOME entertaining pictures! Your kids are adorable! I especially love the one of Elijah and Alana getting held up by the "cowgirl"! The look on Alana's face is PRICELESS!! Such an actress! :-D
I'm so glad you're feeling better, and almost into the clear too! But I know God's had His hand on you so you've really been in the clear all along, but you know what I mean. :-)
Post a Comment