Thursday, December 28, 2006

Getting better

Well, it's 5:00 A.M., here in Montana. I'm about to start writing, since my deadline is this afternoon for the newspaper.

Rebekah and the children are doing better.

Elijah actually had some life in him, yesterday, which was soooo refreshing. He played with his toys and kept everything down. He's still on a bland diet and ate romien noodles.

Alana still has diarea, but is doing well otherwise.

The two youngest ones have had very little diarea in the last 24 hours, so that was nice, too. Josiah did throw up, but we did discover that the reason he hasn't wanted to drink anything is because he has an aversion to sweet things right now. We tried straight water and he drank about a cup and a half of that, altogether.

Josiah still sleeps a LOT. When I came home from Kalispell, he had been sleeping for a couple of hours. He still slept for two or three hours even after I came home and then ate a few noodles and went and laid back down on our bed. Poor guy.

We didn't go to church last night, since we don't want ANYBODY to get what this household is still trying to get over. I would have been nice to get together with everyone again, since we missed doing that for Christmas, but I'm still hoping that it will be possible by New Years.

After the children went to bed, I talked Rebekah into watching the movie Christmas Shoes with me. We both cried quite a bit (does that mean it was good or bad). I had to let Rebekah know, after the movie was over, that it was OK to stop crying now. It was definitely not a guy movie, but I guess since it was a Christmas movie its OK to do it once a year. It sure beats, "It's a Wonderful Life."

I had to talk Rebekah into watching it since I've wanted to for several days now, but she hasn't been in the Christmas mood with everyone sick. Maybe that will change now that everyone is starting to get better.

Well, I'd better get to work. Everyone have a great day.

4 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

I cried a lot when I watched "Christmas Shoes" when it first came out. I haven't seen it since. Glad everyone is on the mend.

Unknown said...

hey no! the guys in my family happen to like that movie! and my dad's favorite movie is "it's a wonderful life!"

Unknown said...

oops.. now

AKCameraGuy said...

don't the guys in your family also like Gilmore Girls? *gag*
But ya, I like "it's a wonderful life" it's a oldie and a goodie!

~AKCameraGuy~