Friday, December 22, 2006

Zoo Lights

Ok, we got to Calgary Monday evening at 5 and finally got to the zoo an hour later. At the zoo in Calgary, they have tons of C-mas lights they put out. They actually call them Zoo Lights. Really cool looking ones too as you will see. The kids really had fun that night and so did Jacob and I.

This was the blue tree. They had different animals hanging from it. I think we took the picture from the wrong side though. :P




They had theses big balls to do some snowman bowling. Elijah knocked two down. Yah!


I love the facial expression here. lol


Theses were very lightweight blocks. The goal was to build something and let the kids knock it down. Jacob had a hard time getting a good picture of us looking at him. Of course Josiah was trying to knock them down as fast as we were building, but we did get a little wall.


This one was cool. They had the monkey swinging across the "rope".



This was a slide that the parents could pull or push the kids down. Fun! Jacob snapped this picture as we were wiping out. No one was hurt though. We found it is more tricky to do double than single.




I like this picture. Elijah and Alana are down at the bottom.

On our way back to the van, we stopped at one of the warming places to warm up for a minute. Those things gave off alot of heat!

After all that, it was off to a hotel and a hot bath for me. *smile*

10 comments:

AKCameraGuy said...

Sweet!! Totally looks like sooo much fun, wish I was there!

~AKCameraGuy~

Momma Tammi said...

Cools lights. How far is Calgary from your place?

The Middle J said...

So glad you got to go to Calagery

Those lights where awesome and no doubt about it Elijah, Alana and Josiah sure look like they are having a blast. Elijah is such a ham I love that picture with is puckered face hehe

Faith said...

So awesome, I wish my son was able to see that! So fun!

cokelady said...

Wow! That looks like soooooo much fun!!! The slide and the build-a-wall thing are terrific. And I really like the giraffe display. Neat-o!!!

Hershey Bar said...

Looks like you all had a blast! I love Christmas lights...hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

Rebekah Doran said...

Micah - That would of been soooo cool if you were with us!

MT - It is 6 hrs away. Kinda long, but not too long.

Jenna - Oh, I know. That picture cracks me up. :)

Faith - He would have loved it.

Becki - They were. I was really enjoying the slide until I hurt my shoudler, but I still ran the kids down it a few more times because it was fun, fun, FUN!

Jaclyn - It was. Your kids would have loved it. Hope you guys have a great C-mas too!

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures! I want to go! I hope we can do fun things like that with Emilie whenshe is big enough.

Anonymous said...

MAN.....

Rebekah Doran said...

Megan! I was wondering where you were at.