Well, Rebekah is sick, so I'm letting everybody know what's going on with our infirm bunch.
Elijah just wasn't himself for Christmas. He was almost unresponsive to any presents and a couple of times just lay there with the unopened present on his chest. It was hard to see our Elijah like that. Hopefully this will be the last time.
After another vomiting fit while attempting to open a gift, I decided that it was time for a trip to the emergency room. We found out that my suspicion was well founded and he did have some blood in his vomit, but the doctor said it was not enough to be concerned about--probably just burst some capilaries when he was heaving so hard.
Sorry for being graphic, but some of you who were asked to pray would want to know what the doctor said. He also said that Elijah was not dehydrated. No IVs were necessary and he was able to go home after tests were run and instructions given.
The only thing that he was low on was sodium, so we have to keep giving him broth. The doctor also had me give him Gatoraide through a 10ml surenge (orally, no needle). I have to do that every five to ten minutes when he's awake. So far, he hasn't thrown up anymore (thanks for all of your prayers). He's still wiped out, though, and sleeping quite a bit.
Josiah, Alana and Moriah have also been going both ends throughout the day. As the only well one of the bunch, I've been cleaning up a lot of messes (which can nearly make a guy sick in and of itself). At times, I've been cleaning up three separate messes at once, changing cloths and bedding repeatedly (and LOTS of floor cleaning detail).
Moriah and Alana are both running fevers. We just gave Moriah some children's Ibuprophin, because she was just under 104 degrees and miserable (which isn't fun when the rest of the house is sick, too).
Bek only has half of the sickness, and I'm not going to elaborate on which half. She's wiped out too.
Thank God for garlic, so that at least one of us is able to be moving around and taking care of everyone.
Please pray for our home (er, make-shift, infirmary). Thanks.
Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS. Actually, just getting some good news about Elijah made it a pretty merry Christmas for me, because I was really getting concerned. It'll actually be nice to get my normal Elijah back.
I am saving one gift for each of the children until after they all get better. I've just got to see SOME excitement on their faces when the upon at least ONE of their presents.
They all got Leap Frog stuff. Alana got a Dora the Explorer doll, which she says she loves. She also got some girl Rescue Heroes, because she's real into playing with girl anything at the present, and she's anxious to be able to play Rescue Heroes with Elijah with her very own Rescue Heroes.
Elijah and Josiah both got some Rescue Heroes as well. The stocking stuffers were a hit, and they all cost a dollar or less, so next year we may just do stocking stuffers and give everyone really big stockings (just kidding).
Hopefully, they'll all be well by New Years and be able to both open their last present then and also enjoy some good holiday food.
I'll keep everyone posted. As Tiny Tim would say, "God Bless us, everyone."
Grateful for the life message of Charlie Kirk
3 months ago


8 comments:
Jacob, I am so proud of you. Thank God for such a good son-in-law. I know times like this are not easy, but you are right. God and garlic are to be thankful for. Think what it would be like if you were sick too. One of you, or the two of you would have to take turns cleaning up messes. It is much better to be able to do it with a well body.
If you haven't already, then pull out all the buckets you can find and put one beside each child's bed. Talk to them and train them to spit into the bucket when they need to. That will save you a lot of cleaning. :)
You're an awesome son-in-law. You've got a great family and a great big wonderful God!!! Yeah!
Love you all and praying for you.
Mom
I don't envy you, but am thankful that at least one of you is able to take care of the rest of the crew. We will continue praying for all of you. Hang in there!
What a beautiful family....I could feel how much love you have for them. As my dad always says “This is just another memory”. No doubt this will be a Christmas that won’t be forgotten for a long while!
Love you folks! I’ll praying for everyones fast recovery and for you Bro. Jacob to stay healthy!!!
BTW, Dora the explorer is awsome!!!!! :-D
Thanks, everyone.
Megan, garlic is natures most powerful antibiotic, antiviral, antibacterial, antifugal, anti-bad stuff treatment. Field medics used to carry it around on the battlefield, during the first and second World Wars, because they could put it directly into a soldier's wound to keep it from becoming infected. In third world countries, missionaries still teach the people how to grow it, because of all its medicial uses and the fact that it is a lot easier to produce/obtain than traditional antibiotics (and is just as effective, sometimes more so).
The drawback is that people can smell you halfway down the block (only a slight exageration).
So glad to hear Elijah is doing better. After you called yesterday our family stopped what we were doing (cooking, I think) and had prayer together. Even the kids helped us pray. I'm sorry to hear the rest of the crew was suffering, too. I hope you're all feeling much better today.
Between garlic, honey and vinegar you can heal almost ANYTHING, right? :-)
How's everyone doing today?
Wow...that is soooo tough. We'll continue to pray and you'll bring in the new year with a healthy, happy, raring to go bunch.
Thanks, Sister Smith. There are only a couple of calls that I make outside of our local church, when I really need to know that people are praying, and when your family says that they will pray, I know that you will. That in itself gives me a lot of peace. It's like having an armor bearer at my side when I'm going into battle. Thanks for being one of those armor bearers--all of you.
And thank you all for your many prayers and those that you continue to pray. Bro. & Sis Nowling. Jessa. When I make friends with someone, it's for life, and I've felt an attachment to your family for quite some time. You are very loving people, and that's a wonderful quality that makes from good friends.
Sister Tammy, I posted again, so I know you'll be up to date (how's that, Megan? impressed?)
God bless
Post a Comment