Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Teen Party

It has been a busy last few days around here. We had a visit from Paullywog Friday night. Sorry I didn't get a picture Grace. :( I guess some college buddies were going snowboarding on Big Mountain and he came along. It was nice to see him again and meet one of his college friends too. Since they showed up at the house after 11pm we only got to play a few hands of I BUY while they chowed down on sloppy joes. Paul also showed up for Sunday school so everyone at church got to say "hi".

Saturday I finally got all the decorations in the house put up. Now our house looks very Christmasy. Or as my cousin Dave put it "like the North Pole". I'll be putting up pictures later on this week.

Since I'm the teen Sunday School teacher I told the teens, when they memorized the first 14 verses of James 1, we would have a party. Well, they did it and so yesterday (Monday) was the party. Melissa so kindly offered to watch my kids until bedtime for me during the party. She is such a saint. :) Back to the party, we had a pizza party and game night. We made 4 homemade pizzas. I made the crust and the three teens each made their own pizza. It was good pizza too because we all here know what is good on any kind of pizza - pineapple!!!! YUM! So there was pineapple on every pizza although we did do half and half pizza's which ment there were a FEW pieces without pineapple. The teens brought dessert, but we were so stuffed on pizza that not much was eaten. Laruen brought brownies and apples with very yummy apple dip and Jessy brought some really cute mice cookies. One can just imagine the jokes that were made when THOSE were eaten. lol Then of course that reminded Jacob of the time he scared a lady half to death with a frozen mouse in her car, but we won't go there. Sure had all the teens laughing though.....um, how about some pictures now. :)


Here we are playing a game. L to R, Stephen, Jesse, Lauren, and my husband. Didn't we see a picture not to long ago with Elijah sticking his head in a picture at a weird angle? Now we know where he gets it from. :P Just so you know, I didn't cut Stephen out on purpose, he tilted backout of the picture on purpose. We'll get him one of these days though.



Here is one of those cute mouse cookies.


Today was warm enough to put lights outside. Jacob and the three older kids had alot of fun outside. Josiah stayed out the longest and didn't want to come in when Dad was done. Made me think of Isaiah and how he use to stay outside and play all by himself in the winter.


Jacob also did a little shopping today and got these snowmen decorations. The kids really liked them. I thought they were cute too.

You can't see real good unless you click or maybe double click on the picture below. Here is the finish product of our house. Ain't it beautiful?

8 comments:

The Middle J said...

I love decorating for Christmas- back in WI the outside would be decked out. I believe you saw some of our out door decorations when you came the Dec. before Alana was born. Here we are in a duplex and really didn't do anyting on the outside but the inside looks warm and cozy and Christmasy

Unknown said...

it looks good bek! did you see my pic on ringo where tyler decorated the outside?

Grace & Co said...

No pictures of Paul?! :-O I forgive you. :-)

The house looks really pretty!

Rebekah Doran said...

Jenna - I probably did see it, but at the moment I don't remember it. :(

Meg - I haven't checked ringo for a few days, I'll have to do that.

Grace - I know, we're bad. It wasn't until after he left that I though, "we didn't take a picture!"

J Nowling said...

How cute and perfect with the twinkling of the lights.

Momma Tammi said...

The house looks great, but I think the picture of the mouse cookie takes the cake! ~grin~

Rebekah Doran said...

Me too! I thought those mice cookies were too cute!

Faith said...

Love the outside lights pictures. You go girl!
luff, us