Tuesday, November 06, 2007

E-mailing Comments - Gotta Love It!

Don't ya just love the new thing blogger has started? I sure am enjoying having the comments from different people's blog being e-mailed to me. :D I make comments alot and then forget (my poor, degenerative brain!) to go back and see if there was a follow up comment etc. Needless to say, this new feature has been a great blessing.

Oh, you know what I forgot to mention in my last post? While we were away at convention, my Grandparents offered to come and paint our inside doors while little hands were away. *grin* I wasn't about to say "no", so now we have beautiful, newly painted, white doors. I was sooo happy to get them painted. I'm hoping they will be easier to keep clean. :)

Let's see, what did we do this weekend?

Friday - I went through the kids shoes. Pack away all the summer sandals and shoes that were too small. Even though we haven't got any snow yet, I went ahead and got the snowboots out. I thought I would save myself some time in the future and get them out while I had all the boxes (and we do have boxes!) of shoes out of shed and in the house. Good thinking huh? ;-)

Saturday - I worked up a pumpkin. Froze some and used the rest to make some pumpkin bread. YUM! Jacob is a BIG pumpkin anything fan and so pumpkin bread is always a hit around here.

Also on Saturday, one of our new neighbors who had talked to Jacob a few times before (just friendly visits) came over out of the blue. Ended up he had been struggling spiritually and told God couldn't go on "alone spiritually" anymore. He prayed that God would send him someone he could talk to. At that moment, he felt God telling him to come and talk to Jacob. They talked for AT LEST 3 hours. God gave Jacob the right words to say and our neighbor said that talking with Jacob really helped. I guess he wants to talk to Jacob on a regular basis now. What an open door this is! We are excited and praying that God will continue to work in this situation.

I also had a dream Saturday night. I rarely dream unlike my husband who dreams all the time. The only thing I remember about the dream is for some reason I was talking to Jenna Nowling. She was all excited about the croutons that her mom had made. She started telling me about them, that they were made out of biscuits dipped in cornmeal etc. lol! I got all excited and was telling her that I wanted the recipe so that I could make them and try them for myself. *giggle* Isn't that funny/weird? It still has me laughing and shaking my head when I think about it.

Sunday - Jacob preached a very good message on the threshing floor verse. Not the usual way it is preached though. It was very, very good and encouraged us to allow God to take us out of our comfort zones through what He places in our lives.

Sunday night Dave and Melissa came over so we could all watch a movie together. We put the kids to bed for a half sleep over night. Girls in one room, boys in the other. After the girls were asleep and the two youngest boys, we turned the movie on. (We knew waiting for the three older boys to fall asleep would take forever, so as long as they were quiet and stayed in the room no one got in trouble. It was alot of fun. One can just imagine four adults squished into one couch. :P It was fun though to watch a movie with another woman. Melissa and I were screaming and jumping at the same time and everything much to our men's amusement. lol! It was a great night even though we didn't get to bed until after 2 am. :P

Even with the late night, I was able to get the budget done today. Wahoo! Jacob had the day off helped me out a bit with my to do list. He took the shoe boxes back out to the shed for me and packed up a box of toys (Gracie, you were right about them somehow making their way back in the house!) and brought it out to the shed for me. What a great guy I'm married to! Little things like that are such a help to me. If I was to try and do those things, anymore it would take me all day to get it done. So, I'm thankful that we got so much done today. :)

Here is a picture of our five kids. They were all excited to be laying on the floor with Tabitha. And of course the blankets make it even more fun! We couldn't resist taking a picture of them all.

Josiah, Elijah,Tabitha, Moriah and Alana.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I only have crazy dreams when I'm pregnant!

It IS so nice when husbands take it upon themselves to help with even the little things. Even little things make all the difference!

Cute picture! What a cute family. :-)

The Middle J said...

Crazy Crazy dream lol I do love croƻtons

such a weird dream- I find that when I'm overly tired I end up dreaming some crazy dreams lol

Anonymous said...

cute picutres of the gang!
luff, Faith n Isaiah

Rebekah Doran said...

There is no rhyme or reason to my dreaming. I know we had croutons for supper that night on our salads, but I'm don't know where the rest of the dream came from. lol