Thursday, November 01, 2007

Yard Cleaning Day

Here's a quick up-date on what we have been up too.

Mon - Washed all the clothes from the trip and worked on the checkbook/budget. Jacob went with the Kaufmans to visit Bro. Ted's dad in Libby. He didn't get home until night.

Tuesday - Folded and delivered all the clothes from the trip and I can't remember what else we did although I know it was a good day and all. Jacob was gone all day and night doing things for work.

Wed - I spent the day in town. Came home and fed kids and then it was off to church.

Today- Cleaned and pickup the house. (It totally comes apart when I am gone all day and Jacob and the kids are home "alone".) FINALLY got the last of the unpacking done. Jacob had the day off today, so I sent them (him and the kids) outside to pick up the yard and clean out the shed to get ready for winter. *contented sigh* It looks sooo much better now. I'm ready for it to snow anytime now. Jacob also brought in the last of the things from the van from our trip. Our van inside lights don't work and so it is hard to make sure everything is out of the van when we get home at night in the dark. So we have to remember to go back out and get things out in the daylight when we can actually see. While Jacob cleaned out the van, I used up our leftovers in a pork biscuit pot pie. Jacob had always told me that he didn't like alot of salt on his food. So I have always been careful on using salt when I cook. Lately I've been putting more salt in the food the way I like it. Jacob has seemed to be enjoying his food alot more this way. Tonight was no exception. *smile* I just wish I would have done it from the beginning of my cooking for him. Men are so confusing at times.

I finally remembered to order my diaper covers for Tabitha. I got them in this week. So I think that I am going to start using them tomorrow. Clothe diapers are sooo much cheaper than pampers. This is the longest I've gone using pampers before switching to clothe diapers after having a baby. *shaking head*


Minister's Convention

Driving to minister's convention was SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!! I wish I could have taken some pictures to share with you all. But Jacob was sleeping (trying to catch up on the sleepless previous nights of writing) so that left me driving. Not a very good idea to be taking pictures while driving so I'll just have to try again next year. But the sun was shining and it just lit the trees and hills. I just love looking at God handiwork.

Convention was very good. Got alot of good things out of it. Sadly though we didn't get very good pictures. It is a new camera and it was our first time using it soooo, most of the pictures were blurred. :( I put them on ringo, Sister Tammi, so you can look at them and see if you can use any of them.

During this trip, it finally dawned on Elijah the whole "state" thing. Driving from one state to another and pointing it out when we crossed over into another state, helped Elijah finally "get it".

For some reason, Elijah's sliding door on the van quit opening from the outside. It will open from the inside though, I'm glad for that. At lest it is not totally out of commission.

Here are the few simi-good pictures that we got.

Bro. Josh leading the kids in some singing at the beginning of his Sunday school class.



Sis. Melissa teaching her WMB class. She did a very good job.

Jacob during his BTI class.


We met a new couple there - Justin and his wife. Very nice couple. The last night, Saturday night, the guys hung out and visited at a nearby resturant. Here is a picture of Jacob and Justin.


Here are some pictures that Jacob took for the paper. Thought you might like to see some of the beauty of our fall colors and moutains.


Isn't that pretty? Click on the picture and you'll see the bigger version of it.


Josiah, Moriah and Tabitha all have a cold again. Must of been from the weather changes from MT to WA and back. Because of her cold, Tabitha has been having a little trouble gagging and puking. Last night it woke her up and she was up for an hour or so but I'm thankful it is not any worse than it is. If you can say a prayer for her cold, it would be much appriciated.

Tabitha's eyes have never turned brown. Elijah told me today that she has "silver eyes". They are really a grayish blue. I think it is so neat to have a baby that doesn't have brown eyes. What fun!

Ok, Time to bring this to a close and finish cleaning the kitchen for the night. Adios!

3 comments:

Pam said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. That is so funny about Tabitha's eyes, because all of my children have brown eyes also except the last one and hers are blue. The boys eyes are really dark brown and the girls are brown with a little green mixed in them.

Rebekah Doran said...

Really? That's neat. Is your last one's bright blue?

cokelady said...

Great post! Love the Convention report and the pictures are GORGEOUS!!! WOW. DON'T TAKE IT FOR GRANDTED, LADY!!!! You live in an AMAZINGLY BREATHTAKING place--be grateful. Be very, very grateful. I'M just grateful you live there so I can at least see pictures of all the gorgeousness! Ha!