Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Pictures

I arrived in Tulsa Wed night. The Furlongs live like 15 min from the Airport so it was a quick drive to their house. Us ladies were tired that night (it was midnight) so we went to bed. The guys stayed up for a bit and play Call of Duty 4. (I'm guessing that is an X Box game.)

In the morning Sis. Libby had made some Berry Scones. Boy were those ever GOOD!!! I'm not a fan of scones but these were moist, sweet and ever so yummy. We had our scones with tea. (I have french vanilla tea.) I just had to get the recipe from Sis. Libby to bring home and make for my family. :)

After breakfast we all finished cleaning up for the day and visited a bit. I love to do hair, so while Bro and Sis. Furlong were getting the food ready, I did the girls hair for them.

Here is Madaline (4) and Hannah (8)



We had to get a picture of the boys, even though I didn't do their hair. ;-)

Ethan (6) and Nathan


I went to sleep (Wed night) listening to the guys playing their game and I woke up to them STILL playing the game. Come to find out Bro. Johnny didn't stay up very long but Nathan and Matt did. Nathan was up until 3 am and Matt was up ALL night. *shaking head* He did finally beat the game (with Nathan's help) a couple hours after everyone was up for the day. After "saving the world" Matt ended up crashing on the love seat while waiting for the food to be ready.


Nathan helping Sis. Libby by wiping the table off.


Bro. Furlong likes to cook with his wife and they actually cook pretty well together. :) Here he just made some shrimp wrapped in some fancy thin meat (I don't remember the name). He grilled it and we ate it with our soup. (They don't do the traditional Thanksgiving meal.) Those shrimp things were really good!


Since we had so many of us there, the kids had there own table to eat at.


We even had a fancy punch to drink with our meal. A scoop of orange sherbert with half cranberry juice and half sprite. I was pouring the pop in the glasses, and this glass didn't mix. We though it was kinda neat.


Here is our first part of our meal. Cream of Basil Soup with those fancy shrimp things and a roll. Since I'm not suppose to have milk, I only had a very little bit of the soup. But it was very good. Sis. Libby is a VERY good cook.


Here is all of us eating our soup.

While we were eating our soup, my Mom called from the airport. She was suppose to get in that morning but the flight out of Bethel got messed up and so they told her she wouldn't be in until that evening. But God worked it out and she came in just in time for the main meal. So we all put the dinner on hold and the guys went to get her.

While we were waiting for them to come back. Madaline decided to dress up and pretend to be her grandma. lol She was so cute!


Hannah had to give it a try too.

I did take a picture of us all eating when my Mom was with us, but it turned out that half the table had a mouth full of food, so I decided to be nice and not put it up where everyone could see. :)

The main course was smoked turkey, presto mashed potatoes, baked asparagus with baby tomatoes and little onions, and sweet potatoes. Dessert was three different kinds of pie - pumpkin, (made with soy milk so I was able to eat it . YUM!) pecan and blackberry/blue berry pie. Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm.

After all the pie, I managed to get this great shot of Matthew with his new niece Tabitha.


We decided to leave that night for TN and drive about 4 hrs then get a couple of motel rooms. Traveling with the Furlongs was sooo much fun. Us girls, Libby, Mom and I were laughing and talking most the way. Alot of times we were laughing at the guys for some reason or another. Come to find out the guys were having a blast too and saying at different time (You know, I bet the girls are laughing at us right now!) *giggle* They were right!

We got two rooms that night - the guys in one and the girls in the other. It worked out real well that way. We got up the next day and drove the remaining 6 hrs to the Park for the rehearsal.

That brings me to the end of this post. :)

Next post - Friday-Rehearsal Day

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Great post and great pictures! Next year I'll have to try the "non-traditional" thanksgiving. I never try new fancy stuff, so that would be a good opportunity to do so!

AHHHHHH the suspense! I can't wait for all the pictures! :-)

Nathan said...

I think it was a brined and smoked turkey

Kasey said...

that soup sounds GOOD!

connie said...

You know, actually, those girls DO look a lot like their grandma! I never thought about it before. Sorry, Sis. Libby, they look like Furlongs. Oh, well, that's OK. :)
Love ya.

cokelady said...

Wow, what a great post! And such a great pictures. Sure makes me miss that Furlong bunch and Matthew though! I'm SOOOOO glad you were able to spend some time with all of them!!!

I'll be anxious to hear all about the wedding and the rest of your trip. So... hurry! ;-)