Sunday, September 21, 2008

Banquet Date

Oh yes, Jacob and I also got to go to a banquet Thursday night. It an awards banquet for the West Shore. They gave him two tickets. Jacob told me if I got someone to watch the kids, he would take me with him. Grandma watched the kids for the first 2 hrs, then Melissa came to relive Grandma and put my kids to bed. We are so blessed to have family just around the corner! They are the best! It was a GREAT night. Fun and relaxing. I did take Tabitha with us. She was the only baby their, so she got plenty of attention. When they handed out the awards and everyone clapped, Tabitha thought that they were clapping for her. It was pretty cute. Tabitha had a great time and so did we. They served Prime Rib. It is the first time that I remember ever having Prime Rib. It was really good! Vista Linda (a resturant) catered the banquet. Jacob eats at the VL often when covering certain meetings (they all eat there). He is always telling me what good food it was etc. I was very happy to finally get to taste some of their food, and it was ALL good. :) I ment a very interesting lady there who had the longest fingernails I have ever seen in real life. 3-41/2 inches!!! I am not joking. We sat at the same table as her. She's had them for 20 yrs. Wow. And get this she type with them too! She is a secretary and has to type all the time. According to her husband it is quite the racket when she types. Anyway, it was a fun night. It is always fun to meet the people Jacob works with.

2 comments:

~Amy said...

That's so neat that you got to go on a date. I think it's important for married couples to do that every once in a while. It's been a long time since Anthony and I have done that. I need to bring that up in conversation with him.

;-)

Rebekah Doran said...

Yeah you should! Sounds like you guys could use one during this time in life. Just have an evening where you two can go out and have some fun and not think about all the crazy job stuff. You should do it.