Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Visit with our Overseer and Family

After nine days of silence, I am able to write a quick post. We had a good time with our company. They arrived Sat evening and stayed until Mon. morning. I was happy with the amount of house cleaning I was able to get done before they arrived. I am glad that I didn't just surface clean but REALLY cleaned. We had another very full trash can last week.

Sunday afternoon we decided to have a church picnic at the park so that everyone could get a chance to visit with our new overseer and family. Wilson came with his parents, so we were able to get to know him a bit too. Jacob and I first met Wilson at KY youth camp that Jacob was the evangelist for two yrs in a row. First yr I was pregnant, next yr I was carrying Elijah around. *grin* Anyway, we all had a good time getting to talk with our overseer and his family Sun. afternoon. Around 3 we decided to go ahead and have our second service for the day. It went well with some time at the end to pray at the alter a bit.

Jacob ended up taking Bro. McMahon and Wilson with Elijah and Alana up into glacier park. They were able to drive up most the way before it got dark on them. So they were happy. They also got to see a moutain lion run across the road in front of them! That is something that you don't see often at all. So they were pretty excited about that. I'm sorry to say that during the whole visit we didn't get any pictures. :( I guess Jacob tried to take a couple in the park, but the lighting was real bad and so they didn't turn out. We will have to try again during the next visit.

Poor Moriah, was just about in tears when they first got to our house Sat. evening. Sor some reason she is NOT liking strangers at this time in her life. Finally Sis. McMahon gave Moriah her own little bottle of lotion (like what you get at hotels). After that, Moriah warmed up to her, she never did with the guys though. Alana also got her own bottle of lotion. :) The kids really enjoyed the McMahons and the little dog that they brought with them. I enjoyed having another woman around to talk and visit with while working in the kitchen. I know the guys had a good time in the Mts. but I'm glad that I was able to stay home, cook, feed kids and put them to bed, all the time getting to talk with another woman. :D It was a good weekend.

(Sis. McMahon, I made those beans (lima beans) you were telling me about tonight. Elijah LOVED them!)

The nights here are getting colder. It has frosted a couple times now. My bean plants are dead, so no more beans for this yr. I've covered my tomato plants so hopfully we can have some tomatoes here soon. Oh! we picked the first of our plums this yr.



I need to go there and pick more. I'm sure we have more that are ready. Soon I'll be having to make plum jam. :) !!! The first batch we picked lasted all of one yummy breakfast.

Oh, last week while in the midst of cleaning, we were given another couch and recliner. So we moved the daybed into Alana's room and now have two couches in the living room. The newer one in not as big and bulky as our old one. So we moved the old one into the corner where the daybed was and put the smaller one in it's place. Makes it seem like we have more room in our living room now plus we have more seating! Jacob also decided to move the computer against inside wall so the living room has an more open feel now. We are real happy with how it has turned out.

Tabitha has started to climb chairs this last weekend. That has made life a bit more interesting, not to mention she has taken a notion to throwing things away. I've found shoes, toys and measuring cups in my trash here lately. lol Fun, fun. ;-)

This evening Dave came over to help Jacob out with something. He brought his kids along. Here is a cute picture I took of the two cutest cowboys and girl!


Jacob is off at Joshes house right now watching "IronMan" with all the guy folk (Dave Jr, Josh, Tanner, Stephen and Joey). They are watching it on the projector that Josh has at his house. I'm sure they are having a grand time.

Oh! one more piece of news. Jacob SOLD a couple of pictures! A lady saw a couple of pictures in the paper that Jacob took and wanted to buy them. Is that cool or what!? ( I guess Jacob's boss did the acutal selling. Anyway...) I'll have to ask him which ones they were and put them up here so you can see them too.

That wraps it up for here. Hope you all have a good rest of the week.

2 comments:

SIS-MC said...

Sis. Doran,
We really enjoyed our visit. We enjoyed meeting all the wonderful folks at Columbia Falls, and we really enjoyed the fellowship. Bro. Mc says your church has more potential for growth than any he has seen in the last few years. Keep on pressing for the Lord.
It has been quite some time since we were with so such young children. They are very precious. Just think in 10 years, you will have a house full of pre-teens and teens, then the fun will definitely begin. Ha! Ha!
I am glad Elijah enjoyed the beans. Funny what kids like..they can be so different can't they.
Thank you for your hospitality and for the wonderful spirit that welcomed us to your home.
It was good to be able to talk with you and enjoy your company.

Jessa Stephens said...

I'm so glad you had a good visit!!!

BTW, Those plums look SO good!!!