The reason I was a bit panicked, was with our very busy summer (traveling puts me way behind on things) and gardening etc, and now schooling two kids, my house has taken 2nd place. After the Furlongs left, the office was a catch all. It got to be so bad that Jacob told me he didn't even want me to bring Melissa in it! lol Yeah, it was BAD. So we found out that the overseer was going to come and visit through my Uncle. (They had tried to call us, but didn't get us.) When Jacob talked to our overseer (this Thursday) we of course told them they could stay at our house. I was thinking that I had like two weeks to get ready. I JUST REALIZED TODAY that they are coming in ONE week!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!! lol It will work out, it always does. I know that we will have a good time when they get here. I talked with them a little at convention, they were real nice. So I am looking forward to getting to know them a little better. :D
8 comments:
Ha! How well I can relate to your panic! It's such a wonderful, terrible sort of a feeling--knowing that you'll be getting things accomplished around your house that you've been wanting to do for so long... but knowing that you only have a limited time to accomplish it before real live people will come and see whether you've succeeded or not. ;-)
How cool that your new Overseer is coming to see you guys! Wa-Hoo! That's so exciting! I don't know 'em at all, but they seem soooooo nice. It'll be GREAT!!! (And chances are they won't be crawling around under the bed to inspect your housekeeping abilities... so you can relax a little bit. ;-) Ha!)
The McMahons are the sweetest people you'll get to meet. You're gonna love em!!! I met them in KY when I helped with youth camp there and then later on they worked in GA when Anthony and I pastored in GA. They're really great people and I don't think they're the type to worry about dust bunnies under beds! ;-)
Enjoy your company. :D
wish i was there to help you organize :(
you know how weir ol' me thinks it's actually fun!
hug the kids for us. we miss them. (and ya'll of course!)
Sounds like me last weekend. I didn't know where Bro. Mack would end up staying when he came to preach for us. So I cleaned all day Saturday while Isaiah and Nathan were hunting with their dad. Then Bro. Mack stayed with Bro. Mojin. Perfect fit. and I had a clean house anyway! Well, until we plucked the geese that evening. Then we had feathers all over the kitchen carpet. Oh, well. At least it WAS clean!
Do what ya can and what doesn't get done, don't stress over. The McMahon's certainly won't be stressing. Besides...they've been to my house and I only had ONE DAY to prepare...so I think you will be just fine. ~smile~ Have a great time with them. They are very sweet people and you will love them...we do.
Becki - I got that room VERY clean now. No dust bunnies under that bed for the time being! :D Now that the room they will be sleeping in is clean, I am alot more relaxed.
Amy - They did seem really sweet. I guess Wilson is going to be coming with them. I haven't seen him since Elijah was 1. It's going to be a fun time having them all here.
Meg - I would LOVE to live close enough for you to help me organize. Maybe someday... We all miss you too!
Mom - It is nice having a very clean house, even if company doesn't show up. And even if it only lasted for a couple of hours. :)
Sis Rebekah,
Don't worry, I was raised with 8 brothers and sisters. I know how hard your work....
You will find we are pretty laid back people.
Look forward to seeing you this weekend.
Sis Mc
Sis. Mac - Hi! So you do roam blog land. lol Wow, 8 brothers and sisters? That's neat. The whole church is looking forward to your guys visit. We are hoping Sunday will be warm enough for a picnic so everyone will get to visit with you all. My kids are looking forward to this weekend too. I'm having to tell them how many more sleeps until you three get here. :)
Post a Comment