Sunday, September 21, 2008

Schooling Pictures

Ok, so I decided to put up a couple of pictures from Elijah's art project, but before we get to those, I'll tell you a little about our week.

This week went MUCH better then last week. We are getting into a good schedule. Last week all was kinda crazy. My time with God got all messed up and so I ended up having a very emotional week. *ugh* I hate times like that. But this week went much better. :) School starts between 9 and 9:30. Alana is done by lunch, I really like that. Elijah takes a bit more time. I've settled on just getting Bible, writing, reading and Math done in the morning between all the interruptions of helping Alana with her papers and caring for my other 3 little ones. It helps that Tabitha will take a nap in there sometime. After lunch we do our phonics class, another reading class, and poetry (memorizing and reciting). On Thursday in the afternoon we have a singing class and then Friday we have an art class. Soon M-W we will add a science class. We are usually all done by 3-3:30. Just in time to start preparing supper and doing some household chores.

Ok, here are the pictures of Elijah's art project. I am SO NOT a crafty person. If it wasn't for the art books telling me exactly what to do, my poor kids would never do art. Here is a paper ladybug, bunny and fish. Elijah had fun making them and even more fun playing with them. :)


Close up picture. I'm not sure what the yellow dinasour was doing in the bunny's head, but the kids were sure having fun.

Hey, this week I actually left Tabitha home with Daddy for a couple of hours. It is the first time that I have left her home AWAKE with him. We had a woman's ABM on Wed. She is getting into more things now, so I thought it would be better to leave her with Dad. She did good. Never cried until Jacob put her in bed. When I got home and asked Jacob how she was, his response was "SHE GETS INTO EVERYTHING!" LOL, yep, she's at that age. Beside my measuring cups being scattered all over the house (thanks to Tabitha!) everything was normal.

Friday was a fun night for Alana. It was Faith's 9th birthday party sleepover. Alana was SO EXCTIED! She had fun there. It was Hawaiin themed, so Alana came home with a flower lay. She also came home with a little pink purse she decorated with foam flowers and puff paint. Debbie is a much more crafty Mom then me. Last week Andrew had his 5th birthday party for "boys only!" lol. It was dinasour themed. Elijah came home with a paper that had volcanos and foam dinasours on it. Pretty fun stuff. Poor Moriah has been feeling a bit left out. She wasn't a boy for the first party and she was too little for the sleepover. She's been asking when her birthday is over and over again. It didn't help that last month it was Josiah's, Tabitha's and Elijah's birthday. She can't wait! for her birthday (it is in Jan.). She has a bit of a wait, poor girl!

Other news, Jacob put up our Christmas lights on the trees. He decided to do it while we still had nice weather. I guess putting up light in the freezing cold (on trees anyway) is not that easy. So he got them all done this in our probably last week of sunny weather. (This next week is suppose to be rainy.) I thought that was good thinking.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like a great week! The art projects are great! Paper ring animals is a great idea :0)

Tammy K. said...

Debbie is amazeing. Sleep over parties and crafts to go along with it. That is pretty neat.
I am inpressed with jacob's thinking on the lights. It takes away some of the fun by putting them up early, but when you live in MT cold comes fast and he will be SO happy when the ground is covered in snow and everyone is freezeing while they hang their lights. Good thinking Bro. Jacob.

~Amy said...

Cool stuff. The paper ring animals are really cool. And the kids did a great job on them.

That was a good idea to put the lights up early. Have you turned them on just for a few minutes to see what they look like? I know I wouldn't be able to resist temptation on that one.

Rebekah Doran said...

Sis. Libby - The paper ring animals were fun and easy. I like easy. :D

Amy - No, he didn't turn the lights on. We would need to get the extention cords out for that. So this way it will still be a new "experience" at Christmas time. :)

Vicki Smith said...

Stringing Christmas lights in September!?!?! Now that's just WRONG! (But it probably is smart, nonetheless.) I don't even want to START thinking about Christmas yet! I'm still behind on 2 of my grandkids' birthdays!