Sunday, September 07, 2008

Last of the Camping Pictures

These last set of pictures were taken at the actual campground. *sigh* I lost all of my "good" pictures off of my camera. (Accidentally deleted them and yes, I did cry for a couple minutes. *sniff*) Oh well, life goes on. So I don't have very many to put up this time. The ones I do have were from Jacob's camera.


We got to the campground in the afternoon and was soon setting up our tent. It was a bit chilly and very windy, so I stayed in the van with the kids while Johnny helped Jacob set up the tent. After we got all set up we went over to the Furlongs site to roast hotdogs and drink hot cocoa. Since it was Tabitha's actual 1st birthday we sang to her and ate cake. It was fun inspite of the cold wind. Soon the kids were telling us that they were wanting to go to bed!?! I guess they were getting to cold and ready to crawl into some warm sleeping bags.

We slept ok that night. Jacob and I ended up with all the kids minus Elijah in bed with us. When they crawled in, I took their sleeping bag and laid it over us all. We were all nice and warm after that. :)

That next day the men took the three oldest kids and went fishing for our supper meal. Sis. Libby and I (I call Libby "Sis. Libby" because for a couple yrs she was my pastors wife. Old habits die hard. ;-) and worked on hanging the sleeping bags to dry. For some reason we had a big puddle of water on the tent floor when we woke up the next morning and all but one of our sleeping bags were wet in one area or another. After that was done, we headed off into town. Sis. Libby had told me that she had seen pilot bread in the store there. (It is a big round cracker that people in Bethel use all the time. Kinda takes the place of bread. Easy to pack with you to fishcamp, hunting or berry picking without having to worry about it getting smashed.) I had just been craving some the seek before and so when I heard that I HAD to go and get me a box.

We came back to the campground and ate pilot bread with peanutbutter and jelly or honey. Oh, it was soooooo GOOD. I think Sis. Libby enjoyed it as much as I did. :D

Soon the guys were back with two fish. We started cooking super, hambergers and fish with hashbrowns. Yum!

After supper the campground had a guy tell about mountain goats. We thought that would be something that the kids would enjoy, so we went to listen. I think we all enjoyed it very much. Learned quite and few interesting things about mountain goats. The guy had Hannah come up and be the "girl" goat and dance the "can, can". LOL! Acutally she didn't dance it really, just kinda stared at him like he was crazy. lol The two of them together had us all laughing. Here are a couple pictures of that night.



Madaline had to try the horns on for size too!


After the "show" we headed back to the Furlong's campsite. Johnny taught the kids how to blow on the fire to get it burning nice and hot. We al had smores and more hot cocoa. This night was not windy, so we never got cold like the night before. That was nice. Soon it was off to bed though.

The next morning after everything was packed up, we stopped by the lake to get a couple of pictures. Jacob and I didn't want to unbuckle everyone, so it is just me, Elijah and Alana in front of the beautiful lake and mountains



Here are the whole Furlong gang. (Click on the pic to se the larger version.)



That brings the camping pictures and posts to an end.

Tammy K. I took pictures of the Kauffman baby tonight and a couple of the other kids. That wil be my next set of pictures I post. :) After that I still have family camp pictures and the pictures of when Devin and Lyndi were here. I'll get them all up sooner or later. ;-)

5 comments:

~Amy said...

You have been the picture queen lately. I just love looking at the scenery and your families having so much fun. The mountains and water up there are just amazing. I am in awe. The mountains back East were very pretty and I enjoyed living there for the time that I did, but your piece of the world in Montana is just gorgeous. I really would love to see that area sometime. I hope we get to.

Your camping trip sounds like so much fun. I wonder what was up with water getting into the tent. Good thing sleeping bags are somewhat water-proof!

The goat story guy looked like a hoot. I got tickled about Hannah just staring at him like he was crazy when he was dancing. Just like a little girl. ha!

Tammy K. said...

Sounds good, I will be looking for them.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bek! Great pics!

cokelady said...

What great posts and pictures you've been sharing. ~sigh~ What did we ever do before we had blogs?! It's sooooo great to be able to see and hear everything. Thanks for taking the time to do it all--I know it takes a while!

Rebekah Doran said...

Amy - Picture queen huh? :) The mountains are very beautiful here. I love living here. *happy sigh* You guys would have a place to stay if you ever did make it out here. :D

It was raining pretty hard that night. We had a couple of tears in the tent and I don't think the bottom zipper of the door got zipped all the way shut. We all were on air mattresses so just the edges of the bags got wet.

That goat guy was a hoot. lol Johnny was laughing way after we left. :)

Tammy - I haven't had time to even look at the pictures I took Sun night, but I should be home the next few days, so soon!

Sis. Libby - Your welcome! That picture of you guys in front of the lake turned out good. It sure was fun.

Becki - Thanks! I know, blogs have been so nice to have around anymore. Spend the whole day conversing with children, finally get them all into bed and have some time to think. By then it is too late to call anyone, but not too late to read blogs. It has definitely helped in getting in "adult conversation" in a way. ;-) I too love hearing and seeing what is going on in my friends lives.