Friday, September 12, 2008

Green Beans and Corn

My garden has done so well for me this year! I'm so happy it has done as well as it has. Even with the SNOW in June, we've been getting yummy vegs from it. :) I've picked two bags of green beans and need to go pick more tomorrow. Green beans and bacon are SO GOOD! (I like to pick the beans into bags, it is easier to fit in the frig.)



This is the first year that I have been able to grow corn. I'm sooo happy that I've gotten good ears that we can actually eat! These are my first four I picked, but there is more to get. :D


7 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Yum! Your corn looks wonderful. So happy to hear that your garden produced in spite of the snow.

~Amy said...

That's so exciting to have your own veggies that you grew. It looks delicious. I love to get fresh produce ... sooo much better than that nasty canned stuff. Yeck!!!

Anonymous said...

So cool! I want corn on the cob! Maybe next year, now that I have some idea of what I'm doing instead of just hoping and praying everything works out!

J Nowling said...

Those are some beautiful vegetables. Gardens can be very difficult to stay on top of, but it's obvious you did (along with God providing His necessary ingredients). Enjoy the fruit (or vegetables~smile) of your labor.

Tammy K. said...

wow, what great looking vegetables. Good job

Rebekah Doran said...

Sis. Adams - Thank you, I'm very glad it did too!

Amy - It is exciting. I love gardening. There is nothing better then fresh vegs that you grew yourself. :D

Libby - It is so much fun to just go out and pick your corn right before supper. You should grow corn next year, You would like it too.

Sis. Nowling - Thank you. I cheated a little this year. I laid that black plastic stuff around my plants this yr so I wouldn't have to weed near so much. It worked great! It was SOOO much easier to take care of, all I had to do was turn the water on it everyday and weed about once a week (which was pretty easy and fast).

Tammy - You and Sam should come and eat some with us. ;-)

J Nowling said...

I don't think that was cheating, it was using wisdom!!! Good for you.