Saturday, April 21, 2007

Busy Day

Yesterday my Grandparents came over and helped me put up the boarders for Jacob's office and the new bathroom. While Grandpa and I tackled those wet, sticky sheets, Grandma wrangled kids. It took us a few hours, but we got it done. We really like it. Now I can hang pictures in my house before you get here Megan. :) It is nice to know someone is coming in less than 2 wks! AAAAHHH! Oh the incintive that provides. hee hee Really I haven't had stuff hanging in my house for about 2 yrs, so it is going to really nice to get those things up again. After my Grandparents left, I took pictures of our handy work and made supper. After supper I had the kids pick up the house so we could do an art project. We did some sponge painting. They LOVED it. I'll have to keep that in mind for rainy days this summer. When the kids were in bed, Jacob and I went through our Antique photos of the kids from Nov fund raiser (finally!) and will be sending them out Monday (hopfully!). ok here are some pictures of the kids and their art.

This is their second piece of paper.

Elijah made an icecream cone and a flower and Alana made a tree and butterfly.


Moriah thought she would try her hand at raking and sweeping at the same time. I think she was trying to copy us cleaning the yard on Monday.

Keep scrolling down to see pictures of our work......

5 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Very nice artwork. Good idea for rainy days.

~Amy said...

Looks like the kids had a great time with their art project. Cute idea.

I looked at your pictures of all you did on your house. You two should be really proud of yourselves. You did a super job. Congratulations.

Love ya'll.

Unknown said...

hey bek. think you could help me take in a skirt? it's a 14.... and I'm not. :)

Rebekah Doran said...

Amy-Thanks!

Meg-Sure, I could do that.

Unknown said...

thank you so much! yeah, as much experience as i have sewing- it's restricted to quilts, costumes, and mending. when it comes to actual clothing that people WEAR [that I wear], i get nervous and dumb :)